Search results

1. Pipewrench

Remove Delta Showerhead flow restrictor

Screw a wood screw into the hole of the restrictor several threads deep, and pull on the screw with a pair of pliers
  2. Pipewrench

Taking any advice from successful plumbing company owners

Touche my man... Now if anyone has anything helpful to say, I'd appreciate it. Although I do appreciate a good smart ass comment, it doesn't really help me obtain the ultimate goal...
  3. Pipewrench

I'm looking for some FREE advice... Haha!!!
  4. Pipewrench

I've been in the service plumbing industry for eleven years. Mainly residential houses and commercial kitchens. I got my masters license in April 2013. Started my company in May 2013 and went full time June 2014. Its been growing at what I consider a good rate. I've recently hired a very...
  5. Pipewrench

Reaming and Fluxing - - Back to the Basics

Ream and bevel pvc??? Hell just cut it with a saw as straight as possible, slap some glue on it, and shove it in with a twist. It ain't rocket science... The only time I've ever beveled pvc was on the barrel of my potato gun
  6. Pipewrench

diposal overflow to second bowl

I know sir... Kind of a inside joke
  7. Pipewrench

Best advice you EVER gave
  8. Pipewrench

Sounds to me like you should call a local plumber to come out just to be on the safe side...
  9. Pipewrench

disposal backup in to other sink

Of course there is such a thing as a good disposal. Like I said, a badger 5. It's like I tell customers, they are intended for washing off a plate. Not cleaning out the fridge. It kinda comes down to "common sense". It's gotta travel through a 1 1/2 pipe to hit the 2 inch....
  10. Pipewrench

Sounds like you are just moving a lot of water at one time with a good disposal. Looks like a badger 5. It wouldn't hurt any to install a new basket strainer too. You are missing the cross that is usually there. Doesn't sound like a blockage in the slab to me.
  11. Pipewrench

Does it do it when the disposal is completely clear with water flowing properly? If it has food in it and the bay is filling up then it tends to do it when you cut it on to clear it.
  12. Pipewrench

How to install a two way Cleanout on sewer outside of house

Im confused. So there was a bwv between two, two-way cleanouts? So why is it you cant snake to the bwv? I guess what is confusing me is why a experienced plumber such as yourself, has such a hard time knowing which way the cable went. I thought John and cheesehead figured out our little...
  13. Pipewrench

I bet it sucks changing a cleanout in your neck of the woods... Just outta curiousity... How much do yall charge for installing one?
  14. Pipewrench

Wow! John and cheesehead!!! Yall two are right. Im in Mississippi and my average sewer is 3 feet deep. Ole hj is probably a yankee and got much deeper sewers! Ha ha just kidding! But seriously that's exactly what it is...
  15. Pipewrench

It is perfectly legal according to ICC (INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL)... How much more LEGAL does it have to be Mr hj?????
  16. Pipewrench

I had a helper one time that had the SAME PROBLEM!!! Once I showed him how to angle the cable and give it a simple TWIST, he never had a issue again...
  17. Pipewrench

I can't wait for you to tell me why a two way is useless...
  18. Pipewrench

Or just buy a two-way cleanout. But hj gave you the best advice when he told you to call somebody
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks