Search results

1. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I dare say most of us would have no trouble purchasing replacement hinges ... if they were available. I am just not willing to buy a whole new seat assembly which is the only route Toto offers its customers.
  2. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I guess I am left wondering what causes the failure in the first place. Those who report that the original fluid has leaked out would seem to point to the o-rings or the hinge casing containing the fluid. In such as case, simply replacing the fluid (even if it was the actual OEM fluid), would...
  3. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Back in the day, I would probably just replace the seat without too much grumbling. However, after limping into something of a forced retirement and now being on a fixed income with a very tight budget, I can't justify doing so for each and every thing that goes belly up these days. So I will...
  4. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Then who does??
  5. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

While I think the Toto toilet is a superior design, I too am quite disappointed with their lackluster customer support stance on the soft close toilet seat. We are in a similar situation where it is just my wife and I and we never forced the seat closed. It is just too short a time with a...
  6. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

So, is glycerine all that much more viscous than mineral oil?
  7. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

Let us know what material you come up with that works. Good luck! Don
  8. DECJ

Toto Toilet "Automatic" Seat & Lid Are Just Falling Down Now

I followed-up with Toto tech support today regarding what fluid the factory uses in their pneumatic slow close seats, and here is the response I got via email ... I’m sorry but I cannot suggest any type of fluids to use or ways to repair. We do not have any specs on what is used in the hinge...
  9. DECJ

Toto Soft Close Repair?

I realize that this is an old thread, but I was having the same problem and contacted Toto tech support regarding what the factory uses for the fluid, and this was the response I got via email earlier today ... I’m sorry but I cannot suggest any type of fluids to use or ways to repair. We do...
  10. DECJ

I got a response from Toto customer support, and they only warranty their seats (and other parts) for one year, so I am out of luck on that. I then went to their website store and replacement soft close elongated seats run anywhere from $70 to over $100, which is too rich for my budget...
  11. DECJ

Thanks for the info and I'll do a search to try and find the post or thread you're referencing. And if Toto doesn't have any ideas or won't stand behind the parts, I'll try to do the same thing. And for our master bath toilet, that is just used by my wife and I, and we have never pushed the...
  12. DECJ

When I previously called the local plumbing company who put the toilets in, they said that they had never heard of a failure of the slow closing seats. In the meantime, I sent an email to Toto customer support to find out if there is anything I can do on my end, or if something needs to be...
  13. DECJ

What's a Good Lint Trap Filter Unit for a Washing Machine?

Well, after a lot of searching, I may have found a better alternative to the Filtrol-160 unit, and that is the Lint LUV-R. Here's the link to their website ... http://environmentalenhancements.com/index.html If I end up going with this, I'll report back here as to how it works out.
  14. DECJ

What's a Good Lint Trap Filter Unit for a Washing Machine?

I've got another thread going on our septic tank issues, but I wanted to focus in on one preventive measure for the future, and that is, keeping lint from the washing machine rinse water from getting into our septic tank and then potentially into the leach field lines. We can't use an output...
  15. DECJ

Need Help on Plumbing a Sanitary Tee into a Septic Tank

I have a 1000 gallon Dura-Crete tank that is made in Salt Lake City, and while it is a respected design around here, it really doesn't have discreet compartments, other than perhaps the small "well" that leads to the outlet pipe. There are two concrete baffle or partition walls that go...
  16. DECJ

So, have you seen any clogging issues with the use of a sanitary tee as hj has? I would love to do that, but I have no outlet tee, just a flush-to-the-wall outlet pipe. And as you can see from this straight-down pic, there is no room in the cast concrete output "chamber" to put in any kind of...
  17. DECJ

I had a couple of Toto toilets installed about 4 years ago (which are really great toilets by the way), and got them both with the "automatic" seat & lid assemblies (where, when you let go of either, they gently lower by themselves). Recently, the Toto in our master bath lost its gentle...
  18. DECJ

It's my understanding that you want to be below the upper scum level and into the middle "water" level for new sewage from the house to enter the tank when you use a sanitary tee arrangement. Take a look at this typical diagram which shows the use of sanitary tees for both input and output...
  19. DECJ

I see what you're saying, but from what the pump-out guy told me, he said that 90+% of the clogs he encounters with concrete septic tanks, is right in the first section, where an open inlet pipe is close to first baffle wall partition, such that toilet paper essentially gets "thrown" into the...
  20. DECJ

OK, thanks much John. Leaving the top port open also works best for my application, as the clearance between the top of the sanitary tee and the bottom of the inspection port lid (that is directly above it) is pretty limited and I would have had to get creative to shoehorn-in the fittings for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks