Search results

1. DanBoston

Quiet, Reliable Residential Toe Kick heater

We are looking for a quiet, reliable toekick heater to add to our remodeled Kitchen. The Kitchen measures roughly 23 feet 15 feet and we are looking to add two TK heaters. What are the better brands/models out there? Tx, Dan
  2. DanBoston

Solar Evacuated Tube Panels

I plan to have a contractor install a solar hot water system for my home. I know absolutely nothing about solar collectors. I just need to make sure that the evacuated tube solar panels that the contractor is recommending are good quality AND have a good warranty. He is recommending two...
  3. DanBoston

WEDI walk-in shower base construction

Has anyone constructed a walk-in shower using the WEDI shower base without the curb? I would put a glass door at the entrance.
  4. DanBoston

Supply Lines to Separate Showers

I am adding a new bath to my basement and was wondering what is the best way to make sure that both the water pressure and hot water temperature does not drop while in the shower. I have an existing shower on the first floor of a ranch. When someone turns on the hot water elsewhere in the...
  5. DanBoston

Mold-Mildew Resistant Grout?

Does anyone know if there is a tried-and-true grout out there for tiling bathroom shower stalls that is mold and mildew resistant? I am considering using the Swanstone shower kit or tiling a new shower stall in my basement and am very concerned about mold and mildew. I hear that the...
  6. DanBoston

Burnham MPO-IQ versus Buderus G125BE Oil Boilers

I have decided to replace my 50-Year old American Standard oil boiler (tankless coil) with a new oil-fired unit. Four adults live in a 1,700 ft2 ranch with 1,500 ft2 basement. We have 145 feet total length of Al-fin baseboard heating, all on the ground floor. I will be adding baseboard...
  7. DanBoston

87% Efficient Burnham 3-Pass Oil Burner versus a 94% Gas-Fired Mod-Con

We (four adults) live in a 50-year old ranch in northeastern MA. The total square footage of the ground floor is 1,700 ft2 and the basement is 1,500 ft2. The house is well insulated. We had treated cellulose blown into the wall cavities, as well as, 15" in the attic. We also have replaced all...
  8. DanBoston

Heat Load Calculations: Need help to determine Heat Load for home in NE Massachusetts

I am trying to determine the Heat Load for my home. We (two adults and one child) live in a 50-year old ranch in northeastern MA. The total square footage of the ground floor is 1,700 ft2 and the basement is 1,500 ft2. The house is currently heated with a circa 1950's tankless American...
  9. DanBoston

Oil to Gas Boiler Conversion Run-Around

I am new to the forum and it looks great. I am looking to replace my 50 year old oil boiler with a gas boiler that will give high efficiency and will be low maintenance. I live in a 50-year old ranch with full basement in an area just north of Boston, Massachusetts. The total square footage...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks