Search results

1. SacCity

A little more than I bargained for

The tie in for the laundry needs to have a wye or a combo, not a SanTee on its back. As for the Clean out how about putting it at the end of the line near the sink? Also it looks like the vent on the toilet is coming off flat that needs to be rotated up so that it can drain. Mike
  2. SacCity

Can I seal off an old Wet Bar drain and supply lines

Sure go ahead and cap off the lines, On the drain want to make sure no sewer gasses can get out of the pipe, On the supply lines cap off to ensure no leakage. No big deal. Michael Sac City Plumbing
  3. SacCity

venting 2nd floor bath

If you are going to have a toilet in the bathroom, min vent size is 2 inch
  4. SacCity

Threaded vs Glued PVC floor drain pipe in cabinet bottom

No problem with a threaded fitting. Often I would use a flexible repair coupling for this type of thing. Whatever works and is water tight is fine
  5. SacCity

Proper way to drain/vent dual vanities?

Yes tie the vents together, 1-1/2 is fine, yes vents are required
  6. SacCity

Bathroom Vanity - obstructed drain install

the only way that this could be hooked upd is from the other side of the wall with an access panel. Some of the commercial facilities have a service area behind the water wall generally used as a service closet between the mens and womans rest rooms.
  7. SacCity

Kitchen drain

You will need to relocate the drain. More clearance is needed. Open the wall up now while you are doing the remodle.
  8. SacCity

trapped snake head

No harm in trying. either way you are going to have to cut that pipe and pair
  9. SacCity

how much does copper tubing used my plumber to replace shower body cost?

Why don't you ask for a discount. I had one client where we had agreed on a price, I did the work and he misremembered the verbal quote. My feeling was that it was not worth pissing off a customer for a few dollars. He did later call back and applogize saying that his wife corrected him...
  10. SacCity

Plumbing Layout Review

Venting needs help. Need a 2" vent for the toilet. Also each toilet should be vented. On the lower toilet vent needs to be before the wye where the lines tie in together. The two vents can tie together 6" inches above the flood rim, but common practice is to tie together at 42" high.
  11. SacCity

Is this a correct install? Pic of Shower and Toilet Drain installed by local plumber.

Queston: On Venting: Can San-Tee's be on thier back for venting (not drain? Michael
  12. SacCity

Capping a toilet ?

If it were me I would leave the plumbing and put a piece of plywood over the floor or a box around the closet flange. You may not want a toilet there now but who knows what may change in the future, and a bump in the floor of a closet should not be a big deal. So yes you could remove it...
  13. SacCity

GFCI's at all outlet locations

On the old two wire systems You can put in a GFIC plug, or a two prong plug. Those are the two basic options, without a ground wire in the sytem. Michael
  14. SacCity

I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

Two points, From the American girls I've talked to, Here in the states you are much more likely to recieve oral sex if your circumcized. Second, being circumcized there is a reduced risk of catching AIDs. But this is information gained after the fact, Michael
  15. SacCity

Trying to remove bathtub drain from lead pipe

Lead is a great materal, the Roman aquiducts were lined with lead and two thousand years later some of them are still in use. Lead works great, however no fittings are available for it, you can not clamp onto it as it will just crush. In my home I had an original lead closet flange for the...
  16. SacCity

Vent size for 3" horizontal drain from water closet

Minimum vent size for a toilet is 2" Michael
  17. SacCity

Hot Water Barely Running in Kitchen Sink

Most likely got gunk in the line, This happens most frequently on galvanized piping systems. When you shut the water on and off it can break off the gunk in the pipes and clogg the valves and hoses. Shut of the water to the home remove the shut off valve and supply hose to the...
  18. SacCity

Water Supply Pipe sizing

1/2 water service is no longer valid, current code reqires a minimum of 3/4 inch. Upgrading from 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch will basically double the area of the supply to the home... If only one person takes a shower at a time you may not notice the improvement. But with two fixtures going you...
  19. SacCity

Reliable Angle Stops

Hay play nice or we may send you home! Michael
  20. SacCity

Bathroom Dam/Curb .. Is there a min height? California

From the plumbing code check book page 25, Finished threshold height min. 1 inchel below receptor and 2in. to 9in. above top of drain. [2709.1], {412.6}
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks