Search results

1. Dee in SC

HVAC System Recommendation?

Jim, you have missed my point entirely.
  2. Dee in SC

Hi, Guys, Well, lost the internet much longer than expected. I'm back online, but a little deflated. We can't afford the house as it is currently designed. Though we specified our budget to the architect in the beginning. We're back to the drawing board, in the middle of switching to all...
  3. Dee in SC

New Home Construction - Need Well Pump & Tank Selection Guidance

Hello, Guys, I'm sorry for dropping out of sight. I moved to a temporary apartment and lost my internet longer than I thought. Much longer. Your advice is stellar! I've cut-and-pasted your guidance into a file I keep with recommendations and explanations on every aspect of construction...
  4. Dee in SC

Water Heater Recommendation

Hello, Everyone, My apologies for abruptly dropping out of sight. I had to move to a temporary (tiny) apartment while we build and I unexpectedly lost internet for much longer than I anticipated. Unfortunately, I thought we'd be moving into a newly-constructed house by now. I'd like to...
  5. Dee in SC

Gary, It's such a huge investment and I know too many people who are living in "new" construction that is falling down around them. I started reading about foundations a year ago (better get started on a forum posting for that subject). Heaven knows I only want to make these decisions one...
  6. Dee in SC

FreeStyle Linear Drain Installation & shower pan prep, etc.

John, I've e-mailed to you pdf docs of the engineer's drawing of the area containing the shower, as well as the architect's floor plan of the bathroom. Now that I'm looking at the architect's drawing and the shape of the shower, I can see that it won't be a simple matter of a single-slope...
  7. Dee in SC

Gary, You and I are thinking alike. I'm on to the practice of builders installing "no name" brands. On the other hand, maybe most people don't care, until there's a problem, and so the builder is sort of doing a "service" by making choices of some kind for the buyer. I already spent some...
  8. Dee in SC

A properly installed membrane IS waterproof, so the wall/floor seam is no more subject to a leak than any other point. True, but like I said, it's my gut reaction. Dee
  9. Dee in SC

Redwood, "99% of Being Smart... Is Knowing What You're Dumb At" Ain't that the truth! I. Know. Nothing. Despite my efforts, the more I read, the less I realize that I know. One thread of questions branches off into many. As for your info., thanks for the brand recommendation -- and...
  10. Dee in SC

New Home Construction - Need Well Pump & Tank Selection Guidance

I'm charged with building our house while my husband is overseas for the next year or more. We'll break ground soon on a new home and would like suggestions on the appropriate well pump for our situation. Also important is input on your experience with specific pumps that seem to require...
  11. Dee in SC

Jim, Out of respect for the readers here, I'm going to post my well data at the Pump & Well Forum. I suspect there are more people like myself needing this guidance and they can also benefit by finding your answers in that section. Would you be so kind as to hop over there and continue...
  12. Dee in SC

Jim, I hear you. But the analyst in me says that keeping water away from the wall seams (though they're protected by a membrane) is always best. Besides, if a regular drain requires multiple slopes to draw water from all sides of the shower, why is it difficult to have two sloping areas: a...
  13. Dee in SC

John, Thank you for your time! We break ground in a couple months, so we've got a clean slate. The shower is part of plans drawn by an architect, so the shower structure should get built properly for a no-threshold shower -- although looking at the plans, I don't see a specific drawing...
  14. Dee in SC

Dana, Jim, and Dave, I hate to lose the momentum, but have the packers and movers coming in a few hours and I'll relocate to a temporary apartment for the upcoming home construction. I'm blown away by the great information here. As soon as the guys are gone, I'll reply and provide the...
  15. Dee in SC

Jim, I can't thank you enough. This is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. This is my first use of well water and first new construction. I suspected there was so much more to be considered and I'm eager to understand the situation. But there's just not enough time to gain the...
  16. Dee in SC

Excellent point, Mr. Sawyer. Thank you for weighing in and giving your time. Dee
  17. Dee in SC

I'm in SC near North Augusta, equal distance from Augusta, GA. We're building a new home and I'm looking for a qualified installer of a FreeStyle linear drain in a zero-threshold shower. Actually, I'm more concerned about the fabrication of the shower pan. I've e-mailed the manufacturer...
  18. Dee in SC

Hello, Experts. I'm in charge of building a new house while my husband is in Afganistan. I'm making all the decisions on appliances, including doing the necessary research for reliability and quality. I don't even know where to begin with HVAC system. I know nothing, zero, zilch. Since you...
  19. Dee in SC

Hello, Experts. I'm in charge of building a new house while my husband is in Afganistan. I'm making all the decisions on appliances, including doing the necessary research for reliability and quality. Water heaters and HVAC have me stumped (I'll edit and re-post this in HVAC next)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks