Search results

1. dgale

Quiet Bathroom Fan

Thanks for the help! The existing fan is vented via flex duct but I'm assuming the when I upgrade to a new fan that it will operate more efficiently if I upgrade to a rigid duct as well?
  2. dgale

Quiet Bathroom Fan

Thanks for the tip - the fan is currently wired together with the overhead light, which she doesn't use since she doesn't want to hear the fan...she uses the lights over the sink instead. A timer is a good idea, although hopefully everyone would remember to turn it off simply because the light...
  3. dgale

Quiet Bathroom Fan

I have a small bathroom (50 sq feet) in my 1920's Craftsman Bungalow - the existing fan is noisy and and as a result, my wife refuses to use it...the result is me repainting my bathroom beadboard ceiling every 3 years as the paint cracks from the excess humidity. The existing fan vents up into...
  4. dgale

Burying Copper Pipe

Just so I'm clear, what is "red tuck tape"? I usually use gorilla tape (basically a heavy duty duct tape) with the closed-cell foam insulation, wrapping it every 4' or so just to make sure it stays on over time. Not sure if this what you mean when you say wrapping it? I'm also not sure what...
  5. dgale

Burying Copper Pipe

Burying Copper Pipe Follow-up questions Thanks for all the input - as far as insulating the hot water pipe underground, any advice on how to best do this? I typically use the slip-on foam insulation under my house, but wonder how well this stuff would hold up buried? Is this the best stuff to...
  6. dgale

Burying Copper Pipe

I am running hot and cold water lines from my house to our detached studio apartment and about 20' of the run needs to be buried across the yard between the house and studio. My plan is to dig a trench about 16" deep, add about 4" of pea gravel, places the pipes, add more pea gravel, and then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks