Search results

1. dorlando

Irrigation pump losing prime

Well, after letting it sit for 14 hours, I think it is actually worse than before I repiped yesterday. The vertical pipe on top of the pump was mostly full, but now it is empty down to the suction line. I think the check valve is not perfectly level and slanted towards the pump but if the check...
  2. dorlando

I replaced the threaded fittings and still no luck. However, it looks like my distribution valve is cracked and I don’t know if that is the crack I heard or if it happened later. Since that is on the discharge side, can that be causing my problem? I have a k rain cycle matic distribution...
  3. dorlando

Agree. But it could be a threaded connection or something small, right? I may not see water leaking out, is that correct?
  4. dorlando

Mini split sizing

Yes. Orlando. I have put up some solar shades on those windows and they make a big difference. That is part of the reason why am wondering if I need to put a 12,000 be to you in there or 9k
  5. dorlando

Mini split sizing

When an inverter unit starts it ramps up to near Max capacity and then it lowers itself until it reaches the setpoint and then shuts off? That’s how it was explained to be by the manufacturer is that correct? so if I got the 12,000 it would ramp up to maybe 11,000 until it is close to the...
  6. dorlando

Mini split sizing

Thanks for the input. I will stay away from portable units. For my 250 sq ft bonus room it is solid block under the windows and they face the pool so a hotel style unit wont work I will go with a mini split. Just have to decide on 9k or 12k btu. Most bids have been for 12k. I don’t think they...
  7. dorlando

Attic insulation

Attic does have vents. My ac run cycle times haven’t increased but the time between cycles is shorter, meaning the unit comes on faster and doesn’t stay off as long. I am comparing against similar days in temp outside
  8. dorlando

Attic insulation

We have a gable style roof and had insulation blown in a few years back. It was certainteed so I don’t think it was Celluose. They got it to the height that was needed for R 30 but our house gets hot very quickly after the air turns off. I live in Florida and get full sun all day long. at...
  9. dorlando

Subcooling

I have a 3.5 ton single phase unit. The manufacturer spec is for subcooling to be between 5-7. The tech said rule of thumb is 8-10. He measured mine at 5 so he left it alone since it was within manufacturer range. Am I losing any efficiency with it being on the low end instead of 7?
  10. dorlando

Mini split sizing

So I’ve been thinking about this and wonder if I need to go a different direction. Since that room has a vent the room only needs a boost of cold air for a few hours a day. I think a mini split would be overkill and I’m not too thrilled about a window unit. how about a portable AC unit? I...
  11. dorlando

Mini split sizing

One more wrench. Let’s assume I only get a mini split for the bigger room and go a different direction in bedroom. My utility company only gives rebates starting at 1 ton units. Since a pioneer 1 ton ramps down to 4k btu and at peak times I will probably need lets say 8k, maybe a little more...
  12. dorlando

Mini split sizing

The flex has 25 feet of 8” and then reduced to 7” for another 22 feet. Getting ducts in bonus room is probably not possible due to it having a flat roof, accessibility and other factors
  13. dorlando

Mini split sizing

If we leave the doors Open to the bonus room on a really hot day the central unit runs a lot more and yet doesn’t effectively cool that bonus room. That room gets very hot during the day and so some air from the house is going into the room but since no duct is out there it can’t effectively...
  14. dorlando

Mini split sizing

I believe they are 2x8’s. The room does have two five foot wide openings into the home. I would like to make sure that room air blends in well with the house air. In other words I don’t want the house unit to have to help cool that room because that will make the house unit run more
  15. dorlando

Mini split sizing

I’ve beeb able to see what’s in the flat roof from our attic and it isn’t much. It wasn’t even R 19 and whatever it is it is 35 years old. It is batts though. let me throw another wrench in this. The 150 sq ft bedroom does have a supply vent that I ran with the flex duct from our Plenum. It...
  16. dorlando

Mini split sizing

Both rooms also have a flat roof with 30 year old insulation that is probably ineffective
  17. dorlando

Mini split sizing

That’s great info, thank you. The bigger room has about 55 ft.² of windows facing the west and 25 ft.² of glass on the door facing the west. Windows are cheap single pane. The smaller room also has 55 ft.² of windows facing the west that are single pane. Both rooms do have solar shades...
  18. dorlando

Mini split sizing

I read the data again on the dual zone compressor and it ramps down to 4200. The bedroom is 150 sq feet with big west facing windows although I currently have them covered with reflectix insulation. the bigger room will not use the mini split at night. If only the bedroom is drawing from...
  19. dorlando

Mini split sizing

The unit I was looking at has a smallest indoor of 9000. I think it said it can ramp down to 3000 to 4000. The bedroom does have three big windows facing the west but right now I have some reflective insulation on the outside which is blocking the sun. I need to get air in there and would...
  20. dorlando

Refrigerant

If you have your system checked once a year I assume you may need a little freon eventually since some is lost each time?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks