Search results

1. Billfig

repairing leak on older/smaller copper pipe advice wanted

Hi, so I want to repair a couple leaks at my brothers house which is a somewhat older ranch. Its at the sink & below- in the basement. Seems its mixed sizing from 1/2" & a smaller size(3/8")? I never even knew they had such a size in pipe..not tubing. all the copper was brush painted to years ago?
  2. Billfig

flooded basement/cleanup opinion

Yea..I guess I just want to make sure I at least get it all cleaned once or so as a good measure. My wife n sister mopped the concrete floor & used toilet brushes around the edges and wall studs. They used straight bleach then cut it with water this past Sunday. Now I read vinegar gets deeper so...
  3. Billfig

We used bleach n water but I now find vinegar works better. I should be able to "reclean" with white vinegar now should'nt I?? Thanks
  4. Billfig

In a week we had 15" or more of snow, then a quick thaw to continuous rain, then an ice storm WTF! My Liberty 1/2hp sub was overwhelmed and when I got up at 7:30 it was 3" deep and at 10:30 the pump finally caught up and cycled...So anyways, it sat for 6 days then a rapid cleanout. We then...
  5. Billfig

Advise on Anode rod

Hi & Happy Holidays! I installed a new 40gal 9yr GE (rheem) electric tank exactly 2 mos ago. Our water has recently(3-4 wks) been getting nasty with an ubtrusive sulpher smell, so I called rheem & she said "well system? add a chlorinator". I asked about a "different" anode rod & she said an...
  6. Billfig

need help identifying softener?

This setup seems all set..wonder if the plumber has it working good?
  7. Billfig

I'll have to see where that chlorine line even goes? I dont see it going to the auto-trol valve/tank.
  8. Billfig

OK thanks. So this complete setup is just the 1 tank and the chlorine tank....
  9. Billfig

So is the chlorine in tank used to "clean" the media of minerals instead of a salt brine tank?
  10. Billfig

Thanks! At least now we can "control it" haha
  11. Billfig

Yea I noticed that too, its like 6 hrs off...I prolly wont mess with it..I figured all water treatment needed a salt/brine tank to clean media of minerals? So is the chlorine cleaning the media? or doesnt it need cleaning? His water is very crappy, someone said there is a lot of sulfar in that...
  12. Billfig

Seems this setup is missing a salt/brine tank?
  13. Billfig

My son's house water is bad, its an old farmhouse. It has a new chlorinator? well pump, hot water tank and a huge wellmate "holding tank"? and an old looking softener type deal tank with a big valve on top but there is no salt tank??? It is a hydroflo devive-blue tank? Can anyone shed some light...
  14. Billfig

air in pipes?

Yea, OK..:) in fact, when I did the servicing I also removed the venturi/nozzle assy and cleaned. I think I'll check and make sure all is correct there too while I'm at it. Believe it or not, I did think for the next few days if the softener was working cause the salt level hadn't seemed to...
  15. Billfig

air in pipes?

5yr.old Gould submersible in a 80' well. I just turn the power off to pump and drain tank then close petcock/valve, and fill tank..? I'll go check my psi precharge now...just checked tank, 30psi/ cut-in 32psi just as it should. I did just check on the old but upgraded anode which American Water...
  16. Billfig

air in pipes?

I'm on a well, just a small whole house sediment filter($50.00 model) to a Sears water softener(new last year) I just drained the bladder(new a year or 2 ago) and then refilled..?
  17. Billfig

air in pipes?

Oh...I didn't know that? I know the 6 yr tank has lasted 12 yrs.now:) I did have the co. send me another anode when new for rotten egg smell and kept the old one which was new anyway? That is how I got the current replacement I used.
  18. Billfig

air in pipes?

2 weeks ago I drained HW tank and flushed repeatedly to remove all the anode rod junk (15x) I installed an anode rod. I also drained bladder tank and installed a new inline cartridge(12") and the water has been great! My shutoffs were somewhat seized from age/gunk? and I loosened the nuts to get...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks