Search results

1. Mage182

Mini Split Engineering Recommendation

I had a home energy review done during a renovation a few years back that included a mini split implementation design by a Mitsubishi cooling engineer. However, it is contradictory to everything I have read here about microzoning or oversizing. Does anyone have any opinions on the design or how...
  2. Mage182

Ductless Line Set Routing

Is it permissible to run a line set up the exterior wall of a house, into the soffit, across a bay of the second floor ceiling, then down an interior wall about 2' to where the indoor unit would be mounted? Condensate drainage isn't an issue, just want to make sure the line set routing will be OK.
  3. Mage182

Ductless Mini Split Cooling Design

I'm in the process of adding a second floor onto my 1954 cape and would like to add AC to the house via mini splits. The research I've done so far as well as the estimates I've received has left me with a design showing the following: First unit (2 heads): Upstairs master bedroom (200sqft, 9'...
  4. Mage182

Cast Iron Baseboard Radiator Prep

I bought 80' of cast Weil McLain No. 9 Snug baseboard this weekend to use on my second floor expansion. Most of it is disassembled into individual pieces. I need to take it down to be sandblasted for paint prep and then prep it for reassembly. Is there a best practice to cleaning the sections...
  5. Mage182

Burnham Alpine 150 IHW tank piping question

Is there a specific purpose that the zone for the tank is the first zone on the feed side and the last zone on the return side?
  6. Mage182

System Pump Suddenly Louder.

I have a Burnham Alpine 150 with a Taco 0014-F1 as the system pump on the primary loop as spec'd in the install manual. The pump is approximately 2 years old. In the past week or so the pump has become louder. It sounds like a buzzing that is consistent and is louder than all 4 Taco 007 zone...
  7. Mage182

Prioritized IHW Cycling

I have a Burnham Alpine 150 with a Burnham 50 gal IHW tank piped off of the secondary loop using 1" copper. The tank has priority. My question is should I be tweaking the max fan speed on calls for hot water so that the boiler only cycles once for as long as needed each time the tank calls for...
  8. Mage182

Bushing for new water main?

I purchased my ranch in July of 2010. In October I noticed some standing water on the lawn when it hadn't rained for a while. I figured it was a hole in the water main. So I dug about a 5 foot trench down the length of the pipe to find the hole and patch it. Upon reaching the main I found that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks