Search results

1. Cobra1365

RO System Slime Build up

My ECO Water RO system has been going thru pre filters at a rate of 1 per month! Today, I cut into the filter I removed and found a thick coat of white slime that looked like silicone grease! This despite having a 5 micron spin down , 10 micron sediment and carbon block filter system BEFORE...
  2. Cobra1365

Drain Overflow...Tub to Shower Conversion

I know I have to go to a 2” drain to be in code. But, can I just cap off the existing overflow tube?
  3. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

We had a new submersible well installed last January. Much better pressure and better, but not perfect water. I was going through RO filters sort of quick and ended up installing a Spin Down filter, a 10 micron and carbon Big Blue setup (also have a soda ash system for acidity). Lately, we’ve...
  4. Cobra1365

RO Filter Replacements

Trying to figure out if there are filters that fit the ECOwater ECO-375 system, other than the brand specific. They’re a bit pricey, even thru s the online filter stores.
  5. Cobra1365

New Well...Water Tastes Like Plastic

Our 30 yr old washed in well finally gave up the ghost. So, we had a 50’ drilled well put in about a week and a half ago. We love the pressure change and it’s nice to not have the noise of the jet pump in the crawl. But, we’ve noticed the water tastes plastic and you can smell it in the steam...
  6. Cobra1365

New Well. Water tastes like plastic.

Unregard!
  7. Cobra1365

Cavitation at end of pump cycle

I am experiencing some cavitation at the end of the pump cycle. It’s not the pressure switch chattering, I can hear it in the pump itself. I have a shallow well (28yrs old) with a 1/2hp Gould jetpump. Pressure switch is 30/50 and tank is set to 28. Tank is good, pump is a yr old. Pump comes...
  8. Cobra1365

Will an RO system cause pump to cycle more often?

as title says. My shallow well pump (Gould Jet Pump) has started cycling about every two hours when nothing is running(no water usage in house). A friend said it could be the waste water from the RO system. But, shouldn’t the system shut off when the tank is full? I have not yet shut off water...
  9. Cobra1365

Water Report

So, I just recd my water report: Chloride. 7.9mg/L Sulfate 20.4 mg/L Fluoride <0.1 mg/L Nitrite <0.1 mg/L Nitrate 7.1 mg/L Iron < 0.1 mg/L Hardness 26.4 mg/L Sodium 8.5 mg/L Alkalinity 6.24 mg/L pH 5.7 Here is the setup I currently have. Culligan Model 89 with brine tank. Close to 26 yrs old...
  10. Cobra1365

Flek 7000sxt constant drain

just installed a new neutralizer tank with Fleck 7000sxt. As soon as I came out of bypass, the system started draining. Tried depowering but it goes to drain each time I come out of bypass.
  11. Cobra1365

Newbie...Culligan Mk 89 Neutralizer Replacement Advice Please

I have an older Mark 89 system and the neutralizer tank has forever given me problems with leaks when servicing the calcite. Mainly due to the brass slip fittings with O-rings where the control head afixes to the tank. This time around, I have finally had enough! Everytime I fix a leak, it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks