Search results

1. Viking

Quandary

When the plumber ran the dwv for my bathroom additions, one appears to have been set at 11.5 inches from the finish wall rather than 12. I believe most two piece toilets have enough Clarence in back of the tank that this should not be an issue, but it looks like the Toto brand has a much tighter...
  2. Viking

Closet Flange

I set a closet flange yesterday that is sitting proud of the finish floor by about a quarter inch. I am assuming that the extension from the bend was a little to high (I thought I cut it flush, but must have missed something). Will I need to cut it out, or do most toilets have enough room to...
  3. Viking

Sweating near pipe dope

I am using Oatey Great White Pipe Joint Compound to seal the threaded connections on a shower valve, and will need to sweat an elbow very tight to this connection. Will the pipe dope handle the heat? Or will this cause problems? Thanks for any info.
  4. Viking

Pipe length

I have a question (just out of curiosity) mostly for the plumbers, but anyone else can chime in if the want. Did (does) galvanized pipe come in lengths longer than 10 feet? I have some runs in my basement that have to be 15 feet or longer. The house was built in 1950 and the original piping is...
  5. Viking

Pressure Test

Any opinion from the plumbers on doing a dyi air pressure test of supply lines? Or do you think just turning on the water is good enough?
  6. Viking

Sterling

Any opinions on Sterling Vikrell bath tubs?
  7. Viking

Bath tub stub outs

Is there a standard height for bath tub supply stub outs? Thanks.
  8. Viking

Side Discharge Bath Drain

Do any of the plumbers have any experience with a side discharge bath drain? Are they a good alternative when there is a joist in your desired drain location? Thanks.
  9. Viking

Supply line preference

Can I get opinions on supply line preference? I have install copper a number of times, but would like opinions on PEX and CPVC. PEX appears quite a bit less expensive, and easier/faster to install, but copper seems so much more durable. And CPVC just seems cheep. I live in southeastern...
  10. Viking

Above the floor drain

New guy here. I have what may be a silly question, but have not found any info, about an above the floor drain. I know that a tub with this type of drain has a few inches of clearance rather than a fraction of an inch. And I know that the drain tail (?) goes through the sill on the wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks