Search results

1. Commonground

Back-up baseboard heaters

Thanks for your answer, so putting the heaters away from the cold envelope of the building should mostly have an effect of air stratification. I am also wondering about the radiation effect of the heaters since they are encased and their outer surface is not hot. Do you think the main heating...
  2. Commonground

Thanks, can you explain why they should be on the outside walls? I am not planning more than 3 or 4 kW on a 240V circuit and there will be no other load except a 7cuft freezer in the cold cellar during the operation as the house will be empty. It's just to keep the house from freezing so...
  3. Commonground

Hello! I want to install baseboard heaters as back-up to my wood range. At the moment I only have the range and it is more than enough to heat our 1½ story 21'x32'x7' Cape Cod house. For a while I had installed a 15 kBTU (or was it kW?) propan space heater but it didn't see much use and...
  4. Commonground

Tempering domestic water from wood heated tank

I hope this is the right forum for my question: I heat my water with a wood stove just installed this year. The stove is located on the first floor, the 180 l tank just above it on the second floor. The water gets too hot for safe use at the taps. The winter has not started yet and I already...
  5. Commonground

Hot water from wood stove coil

It took me a little while to find the way to reduce my pdf file. I hope it is legible.
  6. Commonground

Hot water from wood stove coil

I am planning a hot water system from a coil in a wood stove to complement the electric heating of a hot water tank. See attached sketch. (How can I attach a 370 KB PDF file ?!) Water comes from a shallow dug well through a 1/2HP jet pump. Cycling of the pump is regulated by a 20...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks