Search results

1. Asmart82

Retention Tank Vacuum Relief

So, I ended up installing this valve: http://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-0556031-3-4-LFN36M1-Lead-Free-Water-Service-Vacuum-Relief-Valve?gclid=CKztoLOVvMwCFVUkgQodHSwL6Q I still can't drain my retention tank without it collapsing. here is a picture of where the valve is installed. It's at the...
  2. Asmart82

Main Power Supply Move

I have a tree growing into the power supply to my house. Would I call the power company or an electrician to move this line? I do not want to cut the tree down. Moving the line to the other side of the tree will solve the problem.
  3. Asmart82

Awesome, I did see that actually. My question now is, can brass thread directly into PVC with no issues?
  4. Asmart82

What should I do to stop my retention tank from collapsing when I drain it or if there is no pressure from my pump but water is coming out due to gravity? I have tried to find a vacuum breaker for PVC but everything I find looks strange to me so I am not sure what to get or how it works.
  5. Asmart82

Wiring an Electrical Outlet to Pump Pressure Switch

You were correct. It was a 120v pump on a 220v outlet. Bought a 220v motor and it fixed the problem. Thanks!
  6. Asmart82

I've got the outlet hooked up. The chemical pump works only when the well pump is on but the power alternates on and off randomly for the chemical pump. Any idea what might be causing this? When I hook the pump up to a normal outlet, it is always on as it should be.
  7. Asmart82

Clack Retention Tank Problem

The inlet port on my retention tank is causing my plastic c-clip to come off when I screw in the pipe connection, thus allowing water to spray back out. Anyone ever have the issue and/or know what might cause it? The pipe connection screws in fine on the outlet side.
  8. Asmart82

I believe it is 240v, not sure but I can check. The outlet is going to be for a Stenner Chlorine pump. I had the pump hooked directly up to the pressure switch but I would prefer to have it hooked to an outlet and I prefer not to buy a flow switch. Here is a diagram for what I am trying to do...
  9. Asmart82

If I have a 3-wire pump, where would I connect the wires for the outlet inside the pressure switch so that the outlet only has power when the pump is on or would I be better off wiring it to the control box?
  10. Asmart82

Water Test - What to Test for?

I'm planning on doing a water test and am curious what I should ask the lab to test for. Currently, I know I should test for hardness, ph, iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide. Any ideas for something I might be missing? I did the bacterial test a few months ago when buying the house and all...
  11. Asmart82

Good deal or continue shopping?

These are Fleck 5600 metered valves on both. There was no mention of a warranty being offered for either the filter or the softner
  12. Asmart82

Good deal or continue shopping?

I had a gentleman come out today from a local water company. I've had really bad issues with black particles in my water. Bad enough that I can not wash my clothes. He did some tests and said my iron was not an issue but mentioned installing an iron filter. I want to say he recommended the iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks