Search results

1. ONMOMOF4

Brown water all of the sudden in the middle of winter!

Wow. I never would have considered that. Thanks Gary. Any suggestions on what our next step should be ? Is this when we break down and call in a professional ... well driller? plumber? water softener company? God? We've been trying to avoid spending lots of $$ as we were intending on...
  2. ONMOMOF4

First off, let me say how appreciative I am for all the welcome advice. It's certainly heartening to have input from everyone on something so new to us! Here's the latest in the drama....we had installed the filter after the pump and pressure tank, but before the softener. We're emptying it...
  3. ONMOMOF4

That's what we're going to do. Anybody have suggestions on where to install the filter? We're thinking of putting it just before the water softener.
  4. ONMOMOF4

Update: After contacting half a dozen well drilling professionals, we were advised that there was nobody in the area with dug-well, jet pump experience that was available to help us. After some deliberation, we decided to have the well filled hoping that the cause of the pump short-cycling was...
  5. ONMOMOF4

Turned the pump off for the night Thanks for the reply. I turned the pump off for the night as I suspected it may cause damage to the pump from all that cycling. This morning, I plugged it back in and it went on continuously for ~10 minutes and supported 2 flushes, then all water pressure...
  6. ONMOMOF4

Hi everyone. I have a dug well in a 16 y/o house which we've lived in for 3 years. In the last month, we've had the water turn brown on us twice (first time in 3 years). The 2nd time being about 3 hours ago. Water is brown and appears gritty vs. iron/brown coloring. The pump in our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks