Search results

1. Velvet Hammer

Basement Bathroom with Ejector Pump - Rough in questions

Will do, Cacher. The new 2" will run parallel to the 3" at first. Can I tie into the 3" with a wye from right next to it, or does the tie in of the 2" into the 3" have to be a vertical drop? (As in, put a 3x3x2 wye on it's back and loop the 2" up and over - doing so will require me to run...
  2. Velvet Hammer

Ballvalve, all the concrete is out for the ejector and new fixtures... My question revolves around the discharge line for the ejector... I could tie it into 3" copper or run a new line all the way to the main.
  3. Velvet Hammer

I have another question for you experts... I have a 3 inch copper drain right next to the location of my ejector, but there is already an upstairs toilet and lav feeding this - I'm guessing that this is too much volume to add the ejector to this line... Is that correct? If I didn't feed into...
  4. Velvet Hammer

We're going to use toggle bolts or similar to connect the pan to that block wall... and I traced the drain ring onto the concrete to get the rough lines drawn for the trenching (which is now done.) I know that the glued PVC will change the length of the runs - that mock up was just to post a...
  5. Velvet Hammer

With all of your advice, the project has started! Please see images and let me know your thoughts... The first is a mock up of the drains and the second is where 2 vents tie into 1 and make some tricky turns - there's a bit of cement there, but none of it is in permanently. Please let me know...
  6. Velvet Hammer

Last question (maybe): Are the pipe sizes in the floor correct? Should it be 2" or 3" between the toilet wye and the lav/shower wye? (hj said 3" there was NG, but if its for the shower, lav and wet venting the toilet, I'm not sure it's 'too big' ??)
  7. Velvet Hammer

OK - I feel like I'm getting close! It seems like my first post is the closest, except replace the lav 1.5" & AAV with 2" that extends all the way through the roof... Right? Are the pipe sizes in the floor correct? Should it be 2" or 3" between the toilet wye and the lav/shower wye? (hj...
  8. Velvet Hammer

Would this be preferred? Please let me know if there is anything that should be done differently!
  9. Velvet Hammer

dlarrive - I was not aware that AAVs were seen in such a negative light. I figured that if it would allow the proper venting and was easier, it was a no brainer. Apparantly you disagree. If that is the consensus, I will avoid AAVs whenever possible. Is it really inferior? Or perhaps a...
  10. Velvet Hammer

The framing is all done and yes, there is lumber all the way down to the slab on the 5' wall, so I can vent in there. To avoid confusion, I'd like to "aim" for the most logical layout. Would it make sense to run a 3" 'main' from the basin (far right) to the 2x4 shower wall (far left) with a 2"...
  11. Velvet Hammer

Thanks for the replay, cacher! I do want to plumb this using best practices, not just to pass inspection. Can you clarify this: "If I were going to be running a vent for the basin, I wouldn't even consider not running a vent for the rest of it. It's just not good plumbing." Are you saying...
  12. Velvet Hammer

Hello all! I'm roughing in for a basement bathroom. I have some questions about DWV layout and potentially using an AAV to vent the bath group. I know that the ejector will need it's own 2" through the roof, but I was hoping to keep the toilet, lav and shower on 1 AAV under the sink. Also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks