Search results

1. BillTheEngineer

Compact elongated toilet recommendations

Looking to replace a round bowl toilet with an elongated and there is minimal room to have it protrude into the room any more than the existing one. The shower door already smacks into the front of the toilet if it's not opened with care. I have done some searching and have come up with the...
  2. BillTheEngineer

How to adjust this aquastat

It is a high limit aquastat, per the manual, but I guess it's also a low limit or differential for when to kick back on when there is a call for heat. Original manual lists it as a Raypak 601013 - adj auto high limit looks like it's replaced by: Raypak 014307F
  3. BillTheEngineer

Condensing boiler with micro-zones

I am looking for some input on using a condensing boiler when I am pretty sure I have zones that likely have lower heat output than the min fire rate of most if not all condensing boilers. I trying to plan ahead so I don't need to scramble if and when my boiler and or water heater die. First...
  4. BillTheEngineer

Contactor/Relay on Boiler cycling and making noise

I have a High-ranch style of home, 3 heating zones, with fin and tube baseboard convectors. The boiling is a early nineties gas files 2 stage boiler (Raypak H3-0125B). Recently I have been hearing one of the contactors making a bit of noise (Not sure which one, there are 4, one for each zone...
  5. BillTheEngineer

Low flow/pressure on hot faucet

Why does the faucet in my bathroom have low flow/pressure? It's not the cartridges, they are new and it was the same with the old ones. The supply lines don't look like they have a flow restrictor in them. They look like normal braided steel lines. It's a Delta faucet. Do they have...
  6. BillTheEngineer

Humming/groaning sound when boiler kicks on

A little info: I have a High-ranch style of home, 3 heating zones, with fin and tube baseboard convectors. The boiling is a early nineties gas files 2 stage boiler (Raypak H3-0125B, see photos). When I turn the thermostats up and the heat is just kicking on there is a some humming/groaning...
  7. BillTheEngineer

Boiler Fill/Pressure Reducing Valve and Relief Valve recommendations

Found out the fill valve and relief valve on my boiler are not functioning as they should and looking for a recommendation on brand and/or model to choose or stay away from. First off noticed the pressure will rise slowly over a few days (without boiler even running). And then I saw that the...
  8. BillTheEngineer

Question on boiler Sizes

I read a fair number of posts related to heating system sizing. I always read the same info, every unit always seems to be 2 or 3 or more time the size it needs to be. That I can accept, but what I don't understand is that there doesn't seems to be many appropriate sized heat units for the...
  9. BillTheEngineer

Island sink and DW venting

I am looking to purchase a home and have run across a couple of plumbing issues. I don't believe the kitchen sink is vented properly or vented at all. Assuming the sink is vented, the distance from the p-trap to the where the vent ties in is 10 to 12 feet at least. Is this okay is there a...
  10. BillTheEngineer

Looking for recomendation for a brand and model line for a boiler and Indirect water

I am in the process of purchasing a home and I know that the existing water heater is leaking or about to start leaking and the boiler does not look like it is im much better shape. Since the home has gas I was thinking of getting modcon boiler (similar to an instant hot water heater) and an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks