Search results

1. Beachfront71

PVC Glue on Fiberglass tub

Hello and thanks for any tips here .. Was putting together the overflow and drain kit on my Kohler tub, it is all white PVC and I was using the clear (700 I think) glue.. Long story short we had the tub tilted up to make this easier and some of the glue ran back down the PVC pipe and into...
  2. Beachfront71

"over installing" a tub?

Hello to all and appreciate the feedback/advice ... great forum ! Here is what I am looking to achieve.. We have a Kohler Archer #1123 drop in tub I purchased for another bathroom that went unused .. I now have a guest bathroom and would like to use this tub in an Alcove setting even though it...
  3. Beachfront71

PTrap too far below sink .??

Hello and thanks in advance, Just curious if a Ptrap can actually be installed too far below a sink and if so could that cause the force/speed of the water dropping down to leave the ptrap unfilled and letting sewer gas into the house? We are getting some terrible smells from the sinks from...
  4. Beachfront71

Bath Sink PTrap Options ..

Hi and thanks. We are dropping 2 vessel sinks on top of an old dresser we had refinished. In order to try and conserve/use as much of the drawer space below the sinks I was loooking for some answers to the following: 1. Is there a minimum distance a ptrap should be below the drain hole...
  5. Beachfront71

Capping a toilet ?

Thanks to all in advance. We are removing a toilet in an old broom which will become a closet .. floor will be carpet.. The toilet is now gone and the plumber left a plug in its place. I am wondering what the best option is to cap this off below the current floor level so we can...
  6. Beachfront71

Exhaust Fan and H2O..

All, Thanks in advance. When installing the duct work for an exhaust fan .. is condensation buildup/backflow an issue ? Do I need to slope the pan 1/4 per foot on the long horizantal runs? Did not know. Thanks again.
  7. Beachfront71

Bathroom Dam/Curb .. Is there a min height? California

Hello and thanks, Assuming some of you get involved in the process below, I had a quick question. I have the hot moppers heading over tomorrow and the plumber has installed the shower curb consisting of 3 2x6's stacked on top of each other. My problem is that 3 of them seems a bit high...
  8. Beachfront71

Exhaust fan .. 6 inch duct redcucing to 4 ?

Hi and thanks for any feedback. We are installing a new/upgraded exhaust fan in our remodeled bathroom. Current fan used 4" duct all the way out through the wall... The new fan (panasonic 150 whisper cieling) calls for 6" duct .. I am wondering if it would be OK to use the 6" duct with...
  9. Beachfront71

Capping a supply line?

Hello and thanks, Just a quick question, is there any type of preference when capping a live water line? We are now removing a bunch of H20 heaters and there is copper pipe going to and from them that are tied into the water ... It would almost be impossible to rip out all the pipe so I...
  10. Beachfront71

1 final vent termination size?

All, With regards to our Bathroom remodel I am getting different opinoins on how the best way to vent everything... The details... 1 toilet - 2 inch vent 2 sinks sharing a 2 inch vent 1 bath and 1 shower sharing a 2 inch vent By sharing I mean they each have their own vent, come...
  11. Beachfront71

Critique this layout...

Double Sink / Share DWV pipes? UPC/California Hello and thanks, Can anyone give me a quick yes or no on the UPC / California code with regards to double sinks in a bathroom? Specifically, can we run one drain and vent and branch off of that to the 2 sinks as oppossed to running seperate...
  12. Beachfront71

Tub overflow issue .. legal? Picture included

So upon pulling the subfloor up we noticed there is a 21" beam running directly under the area for the freestanding tub ... not a problem for the drain as it is positioned on the correct side of the beam but the overflow outlet will be on the wrong side! We knew the beam was there but though...
  13. Beachfront71

Vent Pipe location question ..

Hello and thanks, We are starting a bathroom remodel, I will be building the wet walls and a licensed plumber will do the plumbing work .. with that in mind I had a quick question that could effect how the walls are built... My question is does a vent pipe have to fall downstream of the...
  14. Beachfront71

Gas line sizing .. can someone confirm?

Hello and thanks to all. I bought a Noritz tankless to install in the near future and had a quick question about the gas line w/ regards to feeding the house. I have a 1" main coming into the house and it goes to the following: 1. 3/4 up to the kitchen for the range 2. 3/4 up to the...
  15. Beachfront71

can someone tell me what the heck this is ...

Hi and thanks, Remodeling a room and moving electric .. the picture below reared its ugly head ... Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on here and how to clean it up??? This is the power to a motion flood light on oustide wall .. it is 2 double switches all for this .. I am guessing...
  16. Beachfront71

Vent location when it would end up in a open area of the room...

Vent location when it would end up in a open area of the room...***piicture added**** To all and thanks in advance. Try to do my best to describe. We are turning a bedroom into a master bath. The shower and tub will be located next to each other on the north wall with drains running...
  17. Beachfront71

Bathroom H/C supply question.

Hello and thanks. We are turning a bedroom into a bath and it is located at one end of the house away from all the other plumbing fixtures (kitchen, other baths, etc.) There was an older radiant heating unit in this room and which had 1/2 Hot and Cold copper running to it but was hooked up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks