Search results

1. Beachfront71

PVC Glue on Fiberglass tub

Hello and thanks for any tips here .. Was putting together the overflow and drain kit on my Kohler tub, it is all white PVC and I was using the clear (700 I think) glue.. Long story short we had the tub tilted up to make this easier and some of the glue ran back down the PVC pipe and into...
  2. Beachfront71

"over installing" a tub?

Thanks guys, Regarding tiling over the lip .. This drop in tub has a small decorative lip around the outer edge that we hant to tile over so the tile ends up at the deck of the tub Regarding the ledgers and tiling bead .. this is the one tub that Kohler does not have a tiling bead for, I was...
  3. Beachfront71

"over installing" a tub?

Hello to all and appreciate the feedback/advice ... great forum ! Here is what I am looking to achieve.. We have a Kohler Archer #1123 drop in tub I purchased for another bathroom that went unused .. I now have a guest bathroom and would like to use this tub in an Alcove setting even though it...
  4. Beachfront71

PTrap too far below sink .??

Hello and thanks in advance, Just curious if a Ptrap can actually be installed too far below a sink and if so could that cause the force/speed of the water dropping down to leave the ptrap unfilled and letting sewer gas into the house? We are getting some terrible smells from the sinks from...
  5. Beachfront71

Bath Sink PTrap Options ..

Thanks for all of this and the explanations .. makes total sense ... Last question -- if this does not work than I am doing the normal down to ptrap across to ABS... So from the sink drain .... Could I 1. Down 4 inches to an elbow 2. from elbow, back towards wall 10 inches to another...
  6. Beachfront71

Thanks for the info .. And yes, the sinks do have an overflow on them. and we do have pop up drains .. How far down does the drain need to go before adding the ptrap? If this distance is minimal and I can put the ptrap close to the sink, then run everything back to the wall then down...
  7. Beachfront71

Hi and thanks. We are dropping 2 vessel sinks on top of an old dresser we had refinished. In order to try and conserve/use as much of the drawer space below the sinks I was loooking for some answers to the following: 1. Is there a minimum distance a ptrap should be below the drain hole...
  8. Beachfront71

Capping a toilet ?

Thanks for the info. The reason the plumber left it there is we were turning a bedroom into a bathroom and needed the toilet to use until the very end ... Based on what you have told me he will need to come back out regardless as I prefer the interior cut and cap method described ...
  9. Beachfront71

Capping a toilet ?

Thanks to all in advance. We are removing a toilet in an old broom which will become a closet .. floor will be carpet.. The toilet is now gone and the plumber left a plug in its place. I am wondering what the best option is to cap this off below the current floor level so we can...
  10. Beachfront71

Exhaust Fan and H2O..

All, Thanks in advance. When installing the duct work for an exhaust fan .. is condensation buildup/backflow an issue ? Do I need to slope the pan 1/4 per foot on the long horizantal runs? Did not know. Thanks again.
  11. Beachfront71

Bathroom Dam/Curb .. Is there a min height? California

Hello and thanks, Assuming some of you get involved in the process below, I had a quick question. I have the hot moppers heading over tomorrow and the plumber has installed the shower curb consisting of 3 2x6's stacked on top of each other. My problem is that 3 of them seems a bit high...
  12. Beachfront71

Exhaust fan .. 6 inch duct redcucing to 4 ?

thanks for the info ... For the record, the total length of the duct run is 6 feet ...Does that change anything? Why would I want to use the existing 4" wall cap? Really the reason is laziness and time .. the cap is 30 feet off of the ground and is already there as oppossed to finding a...
  13. Beachfront71

Exhaust fan .. 6 inch duct redcucing to 4 ?

Hi and thanks for any feedback. We are installing a new/upgraded exhaust fan in our remodeled bathroom. Current fan used 4" duct all the way out through the wall... The new fan (panasonic 150 whisper cieling) calls for 6" duct .. I am wondering if it would be OK to use the 6" duct with...
  14. Beachfront71

Capping a supply line?

The bacteria thing I did not think of ... thanks...
  15. Beachfront71

Capping a supply line?

THanks for the info .. the alternative is to remove the T and put in a coupling (I guess) which would be a ton of work .. if a properly soldered fitting is for the most part permanent, then that seems to be the way to go .. just wondering what others would do assuming cost us somewhat...
  16. Beachfront71

Capping a supply line?

Hello and thanks, Just a quick question, is there any type of preference when capping a live water line? We are now removing a bunch of H20 heaters and there is copper pipe going to and from them that are tied into the water ... It would almost be impossible to rip out all the pipe so I...
  17. Beachfront71

1 final vent termination size?

Just an update .. spoke with the city and they said they go off of the UPC DFU count and formula.. A 2" vent has a 24 DFU capacity assuming this one and the others meet the formula regarding the size of the main drain. Being that the current home is compliant, and I am just moving a...
  18. Beachfront71

Thanks to both .. THe problem I have w talking to the city is the information you sometimes get back .. for instance .. just yesterday I was told I could only bore a whole in the middle 3rd lengthwise of a floor joist .. which after calling back and speaking to someone else confirmed this is...
  19. Beachfront71

All, With regards to our Bathroom remodel I am getting different opinoins on how the best way to vent everything... The details... 1 toilet - 2 inch vent 2 sinks sharing a 2 inch vent 1 bath and 1 shower sharing a 2 inch vent By sharing I mean they each have their own vent, come...
  20. Beachfront71

Critique this layout...

Prob a dumb follow up question but when building a wetwall directly in front of another existing wall is there any condensation issues that would come up with leaving the existing drywall on the wall that will end up behind the wetwall? This is a bed to bath conversion that will be inspected...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks