Search results

1. Calavera

replacement wood siding

Thanks for the responses. I poked around for quite a while on the web and i finally came across a post that describes this siding. It's apparently designated #117 wood siding. I've asked a local supplier and he's supposed to get back to me. But more relavent to what you guys suggested, i read...
  2. Calavera

replacement wood siding

Can anyone point me in the direction of finding replacement wood siding that looks like this: One plank of it incorporates two rows, ie. it's routed out to look like a single rows. It's from a 1930's bungalow. Thanks in advance. -Todd
  3. Calavera

Supporting vertical vent pipe

I finally tackled this project this weekend. I extremely meticulously cut and chiseled away the lower pipe from the t-joint. I got lucky enough that the t joint came out intact. i no-nubbed pvc down from there. I didn't mess with anything above.
  4. Calavera

I've just looked and fernco doesn't have a 2 x 2 x 1 1/2 reducing tee connection and my quick look doesn't pull up anyone else that sells it. i supposed i can just try and remove the cast iron pipe then no hub couple pvc to the original connection. anyone else have any other suggestions. I know...
  5. Calavera

Thanks for the advice. Now I am trying to figure out the T connection. I believe that the top and left pipes are galvanized wrought iron and the bottom one is obviously cast iron. the size of each has the appearance of being different but i've read up on the standard of each pipe. I measured the...
  6. Calavera

I see, so just get up in the attic and secure it at that point, right? And I would still use the riser clamp?
  7. Calavera

Hello All, I have an old cast iron pipe that is cracked. the crack leads up to a t-connection between the line coming out of my kitchen sink and a vertical vent pipe. Here is a picture: As you can see the pipes sits a few inches away from one stud and about a foot from the other which is...
  8. Calavera

how to remove the band of lead around cast iron pipe?

well, i finally got the subfloor and primary floor back in place. then i tiled the floor with an older looking hex tile to match our other bathroom. this is the modern hex tile. the other bathroom has the original. thanks for all of the advice. this was my first diy project in my 80 year old...
  9. Calavera

Well HJ you're right it isn't rocket science. That lead is like butter when whacked with hammer and chisel. It came off real easy. i do have a follow up question. after i cleaned the pipe up, i could tell that the very top of edge of some of the pipe was a little brittle. some small pieces, i'd...
  10. Calavera

Thanks John and others. I'll finish the buildout of the floor before I start work with the pipe(ie. adding the flange etc). I just wanted to get the pipe cleaned up while i had the floor and additional braces out of the way. Likewise, I wanted to make sure that the flange would be sitting...
  11. Calavera

Thanks, Gary. i don't know if this was originally in the house, but if so it'd be from around 1929. i appreciate your advice to be cautious. i'll definitely ponder on the course of action, but i definitely would like a couple of opinions on methods that would typically be used to removed the...
  12. Calavera

Hello all, I had a broken cast iron closet flange under my toilet. This caused the floor and subfloor of the surrounding part of my bathroom to rot. I've since ripped out the floor of the bathroom and am replacing the subflooring/floor from the joists up. In the process of replacing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks