Search results

1. Johnfin

Ball and Cock for 3 gallon American Standard

Who makes a decent ball and cock valve for this older toilet. I have tried the adjustable ones from ace hardware but they dont fill the tank very fast. Also need a great brand for flapper. Korky seems kind of junkie.
  2. Johnfin

Kohler Highline pressure assist install

well my powerflush kohler went well. 1 hr for the job. Seal was easy. Only issue was the plastic inlet on the tank was slightly damaged. I sanded it so the id was smooth and its drip free now. Could not find original hard pipe so i went braided. I also noticed my stop is 5/8 compressing. Cant...
  3. Johnfin

Toilet bolt tightening specs

What are the specs or rules of thumb for tightening the mounting nuts. "Do not over tighten" is not too scientific. 5 turns after nuts touch toilet, for example, is better then guessing.
  4. Johnfin

Perfect Wax seal

I have seen some videos of guys installing the wax seal on the toilet and others on the floor flange. What gives? I would think if on the toilet it could fall and damage it. What about the Perfect seal by Danco. Its $9, has a 10 year warranty and the toilet and be re-positioned without leaks.
  5. Johnfin

Water Pressure

If I use a gauge that attaches to the house bib outside my bedroom would it be safe to say that pressure would be the same as the toilet in my bedroom/bath?
  6. Johnfin

Fix crack or replace toilet tank

I have a 30 year old 3 gal American standard Plebe with a hairline crack in the tank that goes from the top of the tank at the flush handle down almost to the bottom of the tank. Barely seeping water. Should I epoxy it or find another tank. They are hard to come by and super expensive. " DOES...
  7. Johnfin

Expanding foam

Terry, do you know is that expanding foam eats metal pipe. I have a pipe that that looks like it happened to.
  8. Johnfin

New plumbing invention

How about an electro/mechanical device that shuts the water off to the house when it senses a flow of say a couple of straight hours. That way if something break in the house, which is does, trust me, like the dishwasher shutoff valve, it does not flood the house for 8 hours or more.
  9. Johnfin

Hose bibb nipple

So how do I get the hose bibb nipple out. If goes into a copper elbow and not fastened to a stud. It needs heat but thats a dangerous proposition in the wall.
  10. Johnfin

Softener resin

I cleaned my resin by removing it, washing it in bleach for 1 hour, rinsing it with fresh water then installing it and purging it with fresh water again. The resin was only a year old but full of algae. How will I be able to tell if I runid the resin?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks