Search results

1. FlashPD

Help! Tiled shower drain leaking

removing tile? On close inspection there is a small hole in the grout line between the floor and wall. Actually it is in the silicone which was used for the transition from wall to floor tiles. It may be accounting for how the water is getting to the liner, but of course doesn't explain how...
  2. FlashPD

leak I did the install myself and followed all the correct procedures that you listed. The only thing I can think of is that there is not a good seal from the liner to the drain. If i start removing tile, how do i get up the mortar under the tile to get to the liner and drain without tearing...
  3. FlashPD

I finished my large walk-in double shower last year. Today was under the house and noticed there is a leak. Removed some insulation and see that the subfloor around the shower drain is black with moisture. The area around the drain appears to be the only wet area. I really hate to tear up...
  4. FlashPD

Shower arm extender?

Shower arms Yea, the shower arm is bronze, part of a kit so I'd have to special order a longer arm. I'll see if the brass connector will work. Thanks
  5. FlashPD

Shower arm extender?

Finished tiling new shower and installed shower arm. When to put escutcheon over the arm and it will not sit flush on tile because the horizontal part of the shower arm sticks to far into the wall. The part where the escutcheon sits is already in the upward curve of the shower arm. I neeed...
  6. FlashPD

Avoiding S-trap

During remodel, plumber installed waste pipe for vanity sinks. The pipes run vertically through the floor instead of through the wall with a stub out. This means I will have to cut holes for waste pipe and supply lines in the bottom of my cabinet. That will be a pain, but the major problem is...
  7. FlashPD

Cherne Clean Seal Plug?

Inspector required plumber to put in the plug during rough in. Now I need to release it, but it has a tag with multiple danger warnings on it. Is it realy dangerous or can I just release the pressure from the valve like a tire valve stem?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks