Search results

1. artificialj

GREAT plunger HELP ??????????????????????

Yeah - they certainly move some water, but what I don't like is that they make it hard to get that push/pull thing like big rubber plungers.
  2. artificialj

Clogged basement floor drain, sludge, misery, hopelessness, fear

Haha, yeah, I know it's not a very good solution, but no one has offered much opinion on the 3 possible fixes I listed in the first post, or the possible vent complication in my subsequent post. So I decided to try the easiest possible fix first. I did have a sorta pro inside with a camera...
  3. artificialj

Just thought I'd update. I removed the basement toilet and bathroom sink, and plugged both of those drains, along with the floor drain that was overflowing. I left the laundry sink unplugged, so I guess, since that is the next lowest point, that I will see an overflow into the washtub there...
  4. artificialj

Ok, so some new questions, and hopefully some more responses. So, before this whole backup thing started, I noticed that whenever the first floor toilet was flushed, the toilet in the basement would make gurgling sounds, and bubble up. I keep reading that sound as a sign of a clogged vent...
  5. artificialj

So I bought a house about 8 months ago. Built in 1939 (in case it's important). Everything seemed fine with plumbing until about 2 weeks ago, when I discovered that the basement floor drain had overflowed. Everything from the first and second floors was coming up onto the basement floor. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks