Search results

1. Pktaske

Water leak where city line comes into basement

So I have a slow but steady drip right at the point where the pipe enters the house. It's actually going right into the French drain. They want $2800 to excavate and repair and $1500 (optional) if i wanted to run a new pipe to the street. I've excavated a leaking well pump line in my other...
  2. Pktaske

Natural gas pressure - range not hot enough

Just bought a new dent and scratch KitchenAide range. $2400 normally. New house had an old GE that we thought was 'worn out' (not a lot of juice in the output). New range took like 25 min to preheat to 325 and sometimes the oven burners took a while to ignite, if at all. Top burners also...
  3. Pktaske

Well Pressure Question with pics and video

Moved in and we have very low pressure to everything. My last house was an above ground duel jet pump well but this is a deep well pump in the ground so less familiar. Ballast has pressure. When I opened the switch and press down plate to activate, pressure moves up to about 55 pounds. If Im...
  4. Pktaske

Water trickling out of faucet in bathrooms

So I have 2 bathroom ranch on well. Pressure tank and above ground pump are in utility room on one end of the house. Bathrooms are on far end of the house. On slab and hot and cold water lines run underneath (in slab I presume). I have a 1.0 Filox filter set up 4 feet downline of pump that has...
  5. Pktaske

Pressure drops immediately when pump shuts off...

...and its causing rapid on/off switching. Two line above ground jet pump pressurizes to 50 psi without issue. Immediately after it shuts off, the pressure on the head drops to 30ish (see pic). It then immediately kicks in again and shoots to 50, at which point it stops, drops again and...
  6. Pktaske

Well line leak - PICTURES- Need advice

So I've been getting pooling water along the base of my outside wall when my 2-line above-ground jet pump runs more than 5 minutes. I dug it up today and have a question on how to best repair the lines. I'm not sure which is leaking as I ripped into one with my Bobcat while digging so I'm unable...
  7. Pktaske

Water pressure on shower - any way to measure?

My shower is done but I'm not 100% satisfied with the water pressure. I have another bath on the same line and I get decent pressure on that one but only after I drilled through the plastic 'restrictor' ball. I'm wondering if my overall water pressure is sufficient. I'm on well with an above...
  8. Pktaske

Commercial shower rod?

I'm just finishing my bathroom project and I dont want to drill holes in my porcelain only to put a crappy shower rod that will corrode in a few months. Any clues as to where I can purchase a real quality shower rod like the ones in hotels? Or at least one that doesn't discolor. A double rod...
  9. Pktaske

WHat can I use to bond PVC to brass/copper?

The 2" PVC would be slipping over the copper drain. It's quite a snug fit but obviously not waterproof. Can't use the rubber sleeve thingee as I don't have access. Would some kind of epoxy work? Thanks....
  10. Pktaske

Hot water recirculation - valve problem

I want to remove the flush spigot on my new hot water heater to connect my recirculation pump return line. However, it's plastic and I'm afraid to really force it with a wrench. I've pushed a bit and its not giving way. I've removed some insulation and it looks like threads in there (i'd be...
  11. Pktaske

How do I remove a leaded in drain?

I've got some pics here and an explanation of the problem. My Kerdi drain wont go over the brass(?) fitting and is leaded in. When I started chipping around it, I encountered weird fiberous concrete. I worried is asbestoes although its most likely a fiberous form pipe that they put down before...
  12. Pktaske

Leaking shower drain - pictures

I think I have a leak where the drain mates with the shower pan. I've tried putty and epoxy but they just slowed it down. I don't think I'm getting a good, flexible seal. I did not prep it at all before application either. Here are some pics. Note I can pry it up a little bit with a...
  13. Pktaske

Need new tub drain - on slab

My tub drain is totally blocked about 10-15 feet thru the pipe. When we snaked it, we get resistance about as far and then if feel/sounds as if we are pushing through rock/dirt. Combine that with the fact the the tub drains VERY slow, I can only imagine the pipe has some kind of hole or crack in...
  14. Pktaske

Hot water circulation no longer working effectively

Hey guys. When we bought our current house, we used to run the water for minutes before we'd get any hot water ( I have a long ranch and the bathrooms and HWH are on opposite ends of the house). I installed a small industrial circulation pump in my attic about 13 years ago to pull hot water...
  15. Pktaske

Filter media in pipes!

Hello people. I recently had to bypass about 6 feet of 3/4" copper pipe that supplied water to my Filox iron filter. It was flat out blocked. Funny thing was when I went to fix it, turned out filter media was blocking the pipe. Now I've had my new tank for about a year and half. Prior to this, I...
  16. Pktaske

Single lever shower valve leaking...through the metal !!!

Hey guys! Was getting a wet spot by doorway of my small master bath. Thought it was the drain seal on my shower stall but when I looked behind the wall ( I have access) I see the drip is coming from a few (not one!) small pinholes in the cast valve body!!! I put this in about 11 years ago so...
  17. Pktaske

Jet Pump losing prime whgile running

Jet Pump losing prime while running ok - I have a 3/4 hp Gould 2-line Jet Pump built in 1988. Still seems running strong after 22 years. However once every ~two weeks my pump will start to lose prime when I run backwash on my iron filter (filox). Not every time and never when taking a shower...
  18. Pktaske

Filox backwash - how much is really needed?

The guy at the local water treatment store said to effectivelybackwash 1.0 cubic feet of Filox, I'd need a lot more than the recommended 6.6 GPM to lift the bed. More like 15! Problem is, when I look at the differnt units out there, I don't see anyone publishing anything near that high for a 10"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks