Search results

1. kailor

How do I Install Toilet Flange to Stubbed Pipe in Concrete Slab

I need to install a toilet in my new garage. The finished floor is the slab itself. I have cut off the 4" PVC stubbed pipe basically at the slab surface and when I lay a level across the top of the pipe/slab I see that I don't have a perfectly level surface across the slab and pipe. Before I cut...
  2. kailor

What is the Shallowest (front to back) Elongated Regular Height Toilet?

What is the shallowest (front to back) elongated regular-height toilet? Hoping to stay under 25 inches. Hopefully under $250. I'm building a new garage to house my boat and want a SMALL bathroom. After all, the idea of building a garage is not to fill it with a great big bathroom. Thanks in advance.
  3. kailor

ABS to PVC

Does transition cement work for this? Working on mobile home and no one sells ABS pipe and fittings anymore.
  4. kailor

How To...Plumb Expansion Tank to Mobile Home Water Heater with PEX

I have plumbed my electric water heater (40 gal.) in a mobile home with PEX. Inspector says I must add expansion tank. Cold inlet is near bottom. Most available space is above the water heater. How can I do this while staying all PEX? Thanks in advance.
  5. kailor

Delta Shower Faucet in Fiberglass Shower; Hole Size? Remove Plaster Guard?

I'll be installing a Delta shower faucet (132900...no tub) in a Maax S-42 fiberglass shower. What size hole saw should I use for the valve body? When I fasten the valve body to a block of wood and then fasten that block of wood between the studs, should I position it so that the face of the...
  6. kailor

Which Mortar for Bed for One-Piece Maax Fiberglass Shower?

I'll be installing a Maax S-42 one-piece fiberglass shower this weekend (42" x 36"). After dry-fitting the shower into alcove, I want to set the unit in a bed of mortar (not structolite). Which mortar product (by exact name and amount please, if possible) should I use that is readily obtainable...
  7. kailor

Which Mortar for Bed for One-Piece Maax Fiberglass Shower?

I'll be installing a Maax S-42 one-piece fiberglass shower this weekend (42" x 36"). After dry-fitting the shower into alcove, I want to set the unit in a bed of mortar (not structolite). Which mortar product (by exact name and amount please, if possible) should I use that is readily obtainable...
  8. kailor

Mobile Home Shower Drain Installation Question

I've been helping my brother with one of his rental properties. My brother has to repair two leaking shower drains in one of his mobile homes. When installing the new drains should he use silicone or plumbers putty? Also, what is the secret to connecting to a 1" meter at the road? We have a drip...
  9. kailor

Buying a Toto Drake CST744SL; Best Replacement Fill Valve?

Hello. I'll be purchasing a Toto Drake and in my research learned that the fill valve is not the best that it could be. Should I put in a Korky 528MP or a Fluidmaster 400A when the toilet is initially installed? Thanks in advance.
  10. kailor

Self-Contained Switches/Receptacles in Mobile Home

I'm helping my brother repair a mobile home and it is wired with self-contained switches/receptacles (14-2). In several areas we had to replace the sheet rock and thus installed new-construction gang boxes for the switches/receptacles. I'm fairly confident with regard to rewiring the receptacles...
  11. kailor

Questions About Wiring Shop Lights

I want to hang 2-3 8' fluorescent strip lights in my shop located 40' from the house. I want to power the shop lights (on rare occasions) by running an extension cord (on the ground and in good weather only) from the patio to the shop. Ideally, in my mind, I would plug in the extension cord into...
  12. kailor

What would cause a gas furnace to draw too many amps?

What would cause a gas furnace to draw too many amps?
  13. kailor

Short Duct Run to Bathroom Has Little to No Air Flow

I have a 3' straight duct run from the main trunk in a mobile home to a bathroom. It just does not have any air moving throuh it! How can I vastly improve the air flow into the bathroom? Thanks.
  14. kailor

Proximity of Return Air Grill to Damper

It won't be long until I'm ready to have my self-contained AC condenser unit installed. I will install the return air grill in the floor and the damper underneath the main trunk. 1. The manual says to install the damper forward of center of the home. 2. I will minimize the supply and return...
  15. kailor

Can Someone Offer Me Some Do's and Don'ts for Mobile Home DWV Plumbing

I'm renovating a mobile home and have pulled out all the plumbing. I am seeking advice on replumbing the DWV system. I have taken pictures. I have also moved some fixtures around. Can someone offer up some Do's and Don'ts for mobile home DWV plumbing? Thanks in advance.
  16. kailor

GFCI Outlet Questions

I'm remodeling a Mobile Home (MH) and have a couple of GFCI outlet questions. Q1: After locating the outlet at the BEGINNING of outlets wired in series, and finding the LINE for the beginning outlet coming from the circuit panel, if the breaker feeding the LINE is a 15A breaker, that means...
  17. kailor

Force of Air Moved by Fireplace Blower

My fireplace blower, when on, barely seems to move the heated air from the fireplace and into the room. I was expecting the air to be as forceful as when coming out of your car vents. Am I wrong to expect such forceful air to flow from the fireplace? The fireplace is a Monessen BDV 300 series...
  18. kailor

Mobile Home Toilet Still Runs with New Flapper Installed

I have a mobile home toilet that still runs even after installing a new flapper. If I press down on the new flapper the water quits running into the bowl. I've cleaned the edge where the flapper rests. How can I fix this. Is there some kind of replacement part?
  19. kailor

Insulating CPVC Plumbing Pipes and PEX Questions

Q1: What is the best product to use when insulating CPVC pipes under a mobile home? Q2: If it is the rigid foam pipe sleeves sold at Home Depot, can the hot and cold pipes be insulated all the way to the surface of the electric hot water heater? Q3: The trailer has skirting around it. Would...
  20. kailor

Can We Start a "FIREPLACE" Segment in the Forums?

Terry, Is it possible for you to start a "FIREPLACE" segment in the forums? Being winter time, may folks may have questions/issues about their gas or real fireplace. I have a Monessen BDV36 (?) gas fireplace insert (direct-vented up through chimney). I leave the pilot on all year. When I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks