Search results

1. TRH

Altmans Suite 10 Tub Faucet

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the Altman web site and it appears to be brochures for their current products. The faucet I have was installed about 1993 and is not listed in their catalog. I cannot determine how to take it apart. I can take off the decorative parts, but cannot get the...
  2. TRH

Altmans Suite 10 Tub Faucet

My Altmans Suite 10 tub faucet leaks. When I turn on the hot water I get about 90% of the water coming out at the spout and the remaining 10% from under the handle. When I turn on the cold water (when the hot is off) I get about 5% of the water coming from the hot handle. I can't figure out...
  3. TRH

Installing a new Moen 1200 cartridge

I'm a little embarrassed to say the problem was operator error. I was not pushing hard enough. As an electrical engineering student in the 60's I was working a summer job building prototype computers. One day I was to install some expensive capacitors using stainless hose clamps. I applied...
  4. TRH

HJ, you are right it is a 1200. I guess I was so frustrated I didn't think carefully about the number. I didn't grab the valve with anything in removing the old stem, although it was very hard to pull out. I'm not sure what was done when the house was built in 1988, but I can't see any signs...
  5. TRH

the original cartrige looked like the 1225 and it looked like I got all of the pieces out. However, after the first cartridge would not go in all the way, I removed it and ran both hot and cold water through the valve. Then I checked for obstructions both visually and using a small...
  6. TRH

After getting some good information from this site, I removed the cartridge from my Moen shower valve and purchased a new 1225 cartridge. I tried to install it, but it would not go in the last 1/2 inch. In removing it I destroyed it. I now have a 1220 that is also short of all the way in by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks