Search results

1. jgold47

Laundry Sink Drainage/Vent Question

Hi All - Here's what I've got... my laundry sink seems to be dumping directly into a old main stack (I think I'm describing this right). Recently, we've had issues with the wet vent in the floor backing up on heavy usage days. We've attributed this (with a scope) to a partially blocked main...
  2. jgold47

Using a temperature control valve on a washer supply?

I've come to the annoying realization that my washing machine (relatively new Maytag) and I disagree over what a reasonable temperature for cold/warm/hot water is. after reading online, it certainly seems like a problem with the washing machine design, not a malfunction. The standard should be...
  3. jgold47

Minimum 'collar' for sweating pipe

I'm working up a loop for a water filter and need to sweat copper joints between a bunch of different types of connections. Between each (Valve, Union, Male Thread) I've got a short piece of pipe to join the sections. Unfortunatley, I've got very little room to work with, so I need the copper...
  4. jgold47

Removing Stuck Shower Arm and Drain

This ties to my other thread, but wanted to keep them separate. I tried to replace the shower arm in my 1920's shower. I'm pretty sure the arm is not original however, but regardless, with all the pipe wrenches I could find, I couldnt get the thing to move at all. two questions - 1...
  5. jgold47

valve cover plate size options

Hi everyone - I've given up trying to fix my 1920's shower valves that wont stop leaking through the stem. With a baby on the way I want to replace the valves and call it a day with a fancy new thermostatic valve. I'd like to do this with a remodel plate as I cannot go in from the back...
  6. jgold47

New Furnace - Hotwater Heater seems to flameout...

Long story short, when we moved in 3 years ago we installed a 95% furnace in place of an old gnarly gas fired monster. Immediately we started having problems with the water heater flaming out. Since we never lived in the house with the old furnace, we can only assume the water heater worked...
  7. jgold47

Dryer Static - modify dryer grounds....amicrazyorwhat?

Now that the wife wont let me use dryer sheets or anything similar on the new baby clothes, the static is driving me nuts. I've tried all of the prescribed methods - vinnegar, dryer balls, aluminum foil (more on that) with no success....came across a length of stranded copper grounding wire...
  8. jgold47

Pipe Size Question - PEX to Galvanized

House was built in the 20's. Piping going to second floor bathroom (shower/toilet/sink) is galvanized. At some point before we bought the house, most of the basement feed lines were re-plumbed using PEX and crimp rings. My question is twofold... Most of the supply lines are 3/4"...
  9. jgold47

a leaky connection solder + thread question

first thanks for the help on this site that got me this far. I completed a big copper (well for me anyways) a couple of weeks ago thanks to the site. I have only one spot where there is a leak. I added a hose bib. I brought copper to the bib then in this order taped the bib...
  10. jgold47

Goofy dishwasher drain help

Forgive my laymans description. House was built in the 20's. Kitchen was added on in the 70's. Sink runs through 11/2 (I think) copper through the wall down into the basement where it picks up a 1.5" horizontal run into the drain stack. Dishwasher is in an adjacent bay, but has its...
  11. jgold47

Working on older shower

Forgive my sort of goofy explanation of what I am trying to do. 1. house was built in the 20's. Has been updated several times, but unsure of the age of the plumbing in the main bathroom. 2. Tub/Shower has a) two valves H/C for just the shower b) 2 valves and a waste valve for just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks