Search results

1. jwbr

Trap adapter question

When installing a trap adapter how far out should I rough it in? Should it come out half an inch from the stud so it ends up flush with the drywall? Will an escutcheon cover that and the trap that gets inserted? This is will not be covered by a vanity etc. so I'm trying to get it as clean...
  2. jwbr

Bernzomatic knob leak

It's maybe 10 years old.
  3. jwbr

Bernzomatic knob leak

Yeah, I have a great sense of the obvious! Actually I was hoping for someone to say it happens and that I could fix it with a little tweak instead of trashing it. Oh well.
  4. jwbr

Bernzomatic knob leak

I have a Bernzomatic trigger valve (don't know the number) an have a question. There is a small hole in the black knob at the top. The last couple of time I've used the valve there seems to be a lot of gas escaping from this hole. Is this normal? It kind scares the bejeezus out of me to have...
  5. jwbr

How deep is your Drop Ear Elbow ?

I'm dry fitting all the pieces before I install my shower. I'm finding that if I go straight up from the shower valve and attach a drop ear elbow, the threads will be about 2 1/2 inches inside the wall from the surface of the tile. Is this normal? It seems really far back.
  6. jwbr

Preventative arrestors?

It's not that I want to, I just thought that since I have the room torn up it might be preventative maintenance.
  7. jwbr

Preventative arrestors?

Well can't find anything on the valve instructions about them being required, but I think since I have the chance I'll install a couple of these:
  8. jwbr

Preventative arrestors?

I'm about to install a new shower valve in remodel. I was looking at a plumbing book from the library and they were installing arrestors on the vertical supply lines on either side of the valve. Is this something I should do now before I seal the wall in? Since the room is torn up I rally have...
  9. jwbr

Another knocking question

Well since I've got the wall torn out to work on an adjacent bathroom I might just add an arrester to the toilet line. Thanks.
  10. jwbr

Another knocking question

As soon as I flush my toilet a get slight knocking sound in the pipes by the shower as soon as I flush. It's not a lot, maybe 6 or 7 knocks and not loud ones. The weird thing is that it only happens as the weather has gotten colder. I don't get this in the summer! Is this just a knock issue that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks