Search results

1. Bowsher1973

Winter problem with gas water heater: gas line too small?

hj: Water heater is 50 gallons. And no, I disagree, I think if the gas line were too small, the pilot would not necessary go out. The there could be enough gas for the pilot to remain lit and the main flame to be low, bilowy, and orange. My flame is fine, fortunately, even when the...
  2. Bowsher1973

Steve W: Yes, I measured the temp. It’s 132 degrees at the faucet. I increased the heat setting in order to help compensate for the lower volume of hot water we’re experiencing in our morning showers. MacPlumb: That’s what I was thinking too, except that a faulty thermostat gas...
  3. Bowsher1973

Does anyone change anode rods?

Excellent question/thread! I was wondering the same thing!! Seems like the most obvious and simple thing to do, yet nobody talks much about doing it. And thanks for the tip on using an impact wrench. I was wondering how exactly I was going to manage to turn that huge nut. Any other...
  4. Bowsher1973

Jimbo -- Thanks. I agree, it seems like so long as the pilot isn't going out (which it's not), then obviously the appliance is getting gas, and if there's any gas at all (which obviously there is), then it seems like the heater would run until the thermostat is satisfied, even if it takes...
  5. Bowsher1973

Terry -- Thanks for your suggestions. But I don't live very far north (Maryland), and my water heater is not in my garage.
  6. Bowsher1973

My water heater doesn't produce enough hot water in the winter months, yet it's perfectly fine during summer months. My online research suggests the problem may be that my gas line is too small to run both the water heater (40,000 BTU) and the gas boiler (130,000 BTU) connected to this line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks