Search results

1. Brian.Hoard

New underground hose supply line advice

Hi, I am planing to relocate my exterior hose bib from it's current location, where it has copper pipe running down an exterior wall next to my Elect Circuit breaker panel, to a better location. I would like to run a new hose supply through my crawl space, and exit through the foundation. Then...
  2. Brian.Hoard

switched recirculating pump advice

Hi, I am installing a new water heater and am thinking this is a good time to add a hot water recirculating pump. All of my bathrooms are near the water heater, so they don't have to wait for hot water. But the kitchen is at the other end of the house, and it takes about 90 seconds to get hot...
  3. Brian.Hoard

Advice for new plumbing installation

Hello, I am going to hire a plumber to update my house's plumbing and would like your advice on what would be the best materials and type of equipment as I am ready to update the entire house's plumbing. Here's what I have now... - The house was built in 1973 and plumbed with 3/4 and 1/2...
  4. Brian.Hoard

Bathroom remodel advice

Hello, I have our small second story bathroom gutted down to the studs and am ready to build it back up. I removed the old 60" cast iron tub that was in there as it was from 1973 when the house was built. The room is only 8'x5', and had a tub/shower toilet and sink. Now that I am starting...
  5. Brian.Hoard

Toilet drains when shower is running.

I started experiencing this strange problem recently. Here are the facts, hopefully someone can tell me what I should check to resolve this... - I remodeled the 1st floor bathroom about 6 months ago and all was working fine. I installed a Toto single piece toilet. There is also a sink in...
  6. Brian.Hoard

Ceramic Floor tile adhesive cure time

Hello, I'm remodeling a small bathroom and am installing 12" ceramic tiles on the floor. Since I'm not a pro at this, I opted for the ready-mix adhesive that I picked up at Home Depot (AcrylPro Ceramic Tile Adhesive) to give me more time before it dries. The directions says it can be...
  7. Brian.Hoard

Wiring question for bathroom light/fan

Hi, I'm remodeling a powder room and installing a new ceiling light/fan. I have all the wiring in and connected and before I turn the breaker on, I wanted to ohm out my wiring to be sure there are no shorts. Since getting all the wiring tucked in the fan box was tough, I don't want to have a...
  8. Brian.Hoard

Grundfos CU-301 installation help with an unknown SQE pump

Hello, I recently had a new well pump installed by a company after the old one failed one Sunday morning. The company installing the new pump planned on completing the installation with the Grundfos CU-301 controller and 2 gallon pressure tank. However, after I paid him for the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks