Search results

1. Brian.Hoard

New underground hose supply line advice

Thanks for the advice. So it sounds like I can handle making the hole. Then what would you recommend for the actual piping? Do I run a 3" PVC pipe through my foundation hole as a conduit? Then run 1" black poly pipe inside of that? Then what is the best way to seal this exit point where the pipe...
  2. Brian.Hoard

Thanks Smooky, yes the yard hydrant is exactly what I need! I didn't know what it was called. I do have a crawl space, but because the deck is in front of it, I can't put the bib under the deck. If you can see the pictures in my previous post. The crawl space is only where the deck is. The left...
  3. Brian.Hoard

The hose bib location is currently far from where we actually use it. And as we are getting new siding installed on the house, and the hose bib needed to be replaced for this. I figured it's a good time to move it to a better location. Currently, to use our hose, we run one hose from this bib...
  4. Brian.Hoard

Hi, I am planing to relocate my exterior hose bib from it's current location, where it has copper pipe running down an exterior wall next to my Elect Circuit breaker panel, to a better location. I would like to run a new hose supply through my crawl space, and exit through the foundation. Then...
  5. Brian.Hoard

switched recirculating pump advice

In looking at the RedyTemp solution, I'm reading in their installation manual that they actually provide an easy way to connect a momentary switch to the unit. They mention using a non-illuminating doorbell switch. So you give this a press, and the recirc pump will cycle for one cycle, then shut...
  6. Brian.Hoard

Thanks for your advice jadnashua. I'll have to check into this RedyTemp thing. I also like your idea of using a bathroom timer. That may be the easiest to set up. My old aircraft electrician brain was starting to think of creating my own switch with a little red led on the switch to know when...
  7. Brian.Hoard

Hi, I am installing a new water heater and am thinking this is a good time to add a hot water recirculating pump. All of my bathrooms are near the water heater, so they don't have to wait for hot water. But the kitchen is at the other end of the house, and it takes about 90 seconds to get hot...
  8. Brian.Hoard

Advice for new plumbing installation

Thanks hj. When the softener was installed, the water company that did it gave me instructions to add a certain amount of Iron Out to the salt. I used to do that, but then I saw salt sold where it said on the bag it was for high iron water. So I'm guessing they pre-mix the Iron Out chemical in...
  9. Brian.Hoard

Thanks. I can see how everyone would have their opinion on these things. For each one, they all seem to have pros and cons. As for the pressure tank, yes I'm trying to use the room that it is in. It currently sits in the middle of the room with all of the water equipment, and this room is large...
  10. Brian.Hoard

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. As for why I want to update the plumbing, it's because the copper plumbing running through this 2nd floor bathroom is now exposed. I removed the floor since this bathroom shower was leaking and damaged the floor. So now that I have all of this plumbing...
  11. Brian.Hoard

Hello, I am going to hire a plumber to update my house's plumbing and would like your advice on what would be the best materials and type of equipment as I am ready to update the entire house's plumbing. Here's what I have now... - The house was built in 1973 and plumbed with 3/4 and 1/2...
  12. Brian.Hoard

Bathroom remodel advice

Hello, I have our small second story bathroom gutted down to the studs and am ready to build it back up. I removed the old 60" cast iron tub that was in there as it was from 1973 when the house was built. The room is only 8'x5', and had a tub/shower toilet and sink. Now that I am starting...
  13. Brian.Hoard

Toilet drains when shower is running.

Thanks Jim, We took this estimate and will keep looking to find a local independent plumber. I think you're right. I've had my share of unlicensed experts in this house over the years. - Brian
  14. Brian.Hoard

Before we called the plumber, I tried to verify the blockage by running the shower full blast for 30 minutes. The downstairs toilet didn't do any filling, or anything. Just a very small 1/8" movement in the bowl water. Not sure if this is normal or not. But after 30 minutes, everything seemed...
  15. Brian.Hoard

Thanks HJ, I'll try to find a plumber to get this done. Appreciate your help. - Brian
  16. Brian.Hoard

I started experiencing this strange problem recently. Here are the facts, hopefully someone can tell me what I should check to resolve this... - I remodeled the 1st floor bathroom about 6 months ago and all was working fine. I installed a Toto single piece toilet. There is also a sink in...
  17. Brian.Hoard

Ceramic Floor tile adhesive cure time

Thanks. Yes, I do believe buying my supplies from Home Depot and Lowes is my problem. They are sending me on the wrong path. I'm trying to do a professional job, but I am far from a professional. But I do have patience, tons of that. So looks like it's clear that I will be starting this...
  18. Brian.Hoard

Thanks for the tips, DanTee. This bathroom is on the ground level. Sub floor is concrete. I did a moisture test before I stared and there was no moisture coming up from the concrete. This house was built in 1973. To make sure it was nice an level, I also poured self-leveling compound down...
  19. Brian.Hoard

Thanks Jim. This was actually my second purchase of this stuff due to the 12" tiles. The first stuff I bought along with the tiles was only good for up to 8" tiles. So I took it back to the store, and saw that this stuff was good for shower installs, and tiles up to 12". So I thought I was...
  20. Brian.Hoard

Thanks for the great advice. As I do my own remodeling, no matter what I read and how many things of fine print I digest, there is no replacement for experience. And the only way for me to get that is to make some mistakes. No problem. I usually have to do things at least twice to get them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks