Search results

1. Otearai

Suggestions for small toilet + washlet

As Mr. young has posted, an actual measurement between the front of your existing commode and the sink would be helpful. We have had a Toto Vespin II in the more crowded of our two bathrooms for 13 years, and it has worked well for us; it has an INAX advanced toilet seat ("Washlet®" is a...
  2. Otearai

Water Line behind the toilet - HELP

If the Kohler Cimarron will fit, chances are that the Kohler Betello also will fit. We have had a Toto Vespin II in our downstairs bathroom for ten years (it works well), but 53 weeks ago (2019 July 25), we replaced the old lowboy commode in our upstairs bathroom with an ADA height Kohler...
  3. Otearai

Troubled TOTO?

You might want to look at my August 2019 review of the new Kohler Betello, and my 7-month update that I posted today, here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/kohler-betello-toilet-new-model.82770/ There, on now-extensive experience with both, I compare the Kohler Betello with...
  4. Otearai

Kohler Betello K-20197 toilet (new model)

Seven months later, an update: So far, the Kohler Betello (installed last July 29) has not only met, but exceeded, expectations. With a long term opportunity to make comparisons and contrasts, we have compared its performance with our Toto Vespin II commode that is installed in our other...
  5. Otearai

Kohler Betello K-20197 toilet (new model)

This past week, we (DIY) installed a Kohler Betello model Water Sense toilet to replace our once-new American Standard Hamilton one-piece 1.6 gpf toilet that we had installed in 1994 to replace an ancient (mid-20th century) 5 gpf toilet in the same space. The dinosaur toilet that we replaced in...
  6. Otearai

LIXIL (INAX parent) acquires American Standard Brands

I guess we have our answer. informs us that all operations of Lixil (parent company of INAX) in the USA are being integrated into American Standard, and redirects the visitor to: Scrolling down the page at that site to the Bathroom Products link, you find that all INAX products have...
  7. Otearai

Is there a Made in USA toilet as good as a Toto?

Until I read that you and others had posted more plumbingly poignant comparisons in regard to the ownership of Mansfield, I had been tempted to offer the following automobile analogy, and now I shall: Our family car is a Mazda6 station wagon. It was assembled in Michigan by unionized UAW...
  8. Otearai

TOTO Washlet - info please

We travel to Japan at least twice per year (family) and have been using Washlets for over a quarter of a century. Yes. But there is a better option. In 2011, We replaced one of our toilets (located in a small powder room that our guests use when we have a dinner party) with a Toto Vespin II...
  9. Otearai

Would a Kohler C3-200 bidet fit on a TOTO CST416M?

Actually, the ORIGINAL advanced toilet seat was introduced in Japan by Inax about a year before Toto introduced the Washlet. Toto realized the seriousness of the challenge that Inax's initiative posed, and was seriously concerned that it (Toto) would go out of business before it could get into...
  10. Otearai

Experience with INAX toilets?

We do not own an Inax, but we have a lot of experience with them. We travel to Japan at least twice a year. The toilets in both Narita International Airport (NRT) and Haneda International Airport (HND) are all Inax. Not to put too fine a point on it, but incoming international flights to...
  11. Otearai

How do you clean Toto toilets?

Ecover Toilet Bowl Cleaner On our Toto Vespin II with CEFIONTECT: http://www.ecover.com/us/en/Products/Cleaning/Toilet+Bowl+Cleaner.htm Smells nice, too.
  12. Otearai

What toilet never plugs? Replacing old 5.0 gpf

Oh, the differences are huge: the water outlets in the Inax bowl (viewed from the top) are at the 12:30 and 8:30 positions, while those in theToto Vespin II in our home are at the 1:30 and 9:30 positions; and the shape of the opening to the trapway is also different. (grin) The Japanese...
  13. Otearai

What toilet never plugs? Replacing old 5.0 gpf

Just about every airport restroom in all of the airports in Japan, the home market of Toto, is fitted with Inax brand toilets, as are most Western-style hotels in Japan. (Inax is Japan's no. 2 toilet maker by market share.) Now, the airport restrooms probably are serviced by professionals at...
  14. Otearai

Toto Neorest & Vespin questions

The SS214 (a.k.a. Soiree seat) on our Toto Vespin II has an inside hole dimension of exactly 12".
  15. Otearai

Powder Room Toilet

Your room dimensions sound close to ours (though we have a pocket door). The rough-in of the toilet that the Vespin II replaced in our powder room was standard -- 12", I think -- and the dimensions of the Vespin II are shown in the specs as leaving the unit sitting an inch or two away from the...
  16. Otearai

Powder Room Toilet

In some ways, our circumstances are different: we live in a stand-alone house. But the rest we share: the bedrooms are upstairs, and the ground floor powder room is short on space. As the new year dawned, we installed a Toto Vespin II in our powder room (eight feet wide by 33 inches deep...
  17. Otearai

Toto Seat Question: SS164 or SS154 or SS114

The SS214 is everything that we expected it to be, no surprises. Back when we ordered it (it was not an inventory item at the store where we bought it) I was surprised that the SS214 commands a slight price premium over the SS114, SS154, and SS164, but (amortised over life expectancy), the...
  18. Otearai

Vespin II supply line Q

The "Check for correct dimensions" diagram on page 1 of Toto' installation instructions specifies only distances to the water supply connection point, and shows 8" lateral, 4-1/2" vertical, clearance required. That drawing does picture the supply pipe itself, and does not specify that the...
  19. Otearai

Vespin II supply line Q

We discovered the answer today when we had our new Vespin II installed. Our supply line was 6" from center. However, unlike the installation that Jamie Love performed, our supply pipe came, not out from the wall, but up from the floor. The back of the Vespin II skirt is 12-1/2" wide...
  20. Otearai

Toto Seat Question: SS164 or SS154 or SS114

We had a Vespin II installed in our home today, and we specified the SS214 (the '214 is the standard seat shipped with the Toto Soiree) for it, because we preferred the look. It is all a matter of personal preference.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks