Search results

1. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

Ok, stupid question. If I go with the gluing method, what happens if I want to put down 6 mil poly first?
  2. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

We just got a re-quote from the contractor who said his original quote was for a rectangular room and the basement is actually finished with 4 rooms so more cutting, etc. Talk about a price difference! How difficult would you say this project would be for do-it-yourselfers? We've laid about...
  3. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

Hmm...very true. I suppose there's some kind of building code regarding stair risers being the same height? We also won't be putting a subfloor in the furnace room so we don't want to step down in to the great abyss whenever we go in there...
  4. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

Thanks so much for your input Dana. Head room is not an issue as we have nearly 8' between slab and ceiling. With that said, would R15 XPS be your first choice or would you lean towards the R8 Type II EPS? I think I'll have the poly added regardless (unless we use the EPS with poly facers)...
  5. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

Thanks Jim. I appreciate your input. Looking forward to what Dana has to add in as well.
  6. Jallia

Best Subfloor option?

Hi all, I'd like your thoughts on which of these options would be best for a basement subfloor. We recently purchased a house with a finished basement (minus the floor) which was ripped out due to a water softener tank bursting and flooding the basement. When we had the house inspected, no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks