Search results

1. Jerome7

Changing RO filters

Hi all, I have a WaterDrop G3 reverse osmosis system. The manufacturer says we need to change the filter after X months or after N gallons whichever comes first. They don't account for the quality of the incoming water which does have a big impact on the life of the filter. Is it okay to...
  2. Jerome7

Undermount sink clip recommendation

Hello all, I bought a Kohler undermount sink K2210. My vanity cabinet currently has 5/8" plywood on top. I'd like to put a granite counter top and attach the sink w/ some clips. The clips that came w/ the sink seems to be designed to be attached to the countertop and didn't account for the...
  3. Jerome7

Furnace and water heater sharing exhaust

Hello all I currently has a gas water heater and a gas furnace. They share the same exhaust leading to the roof (see picture). The water heater is getting old and shows sign of rust and little leak, thus I am looking to replace it immediately. I am thinking of switching to a tankless unit...
  4. Jerome7

lift up the bathtub

I am retiling my bathroom and a have a tub looking like this. The shower is separate. I'd like to keep the tub as it was barely used. Thus I am trying to lift it up a bit so I can remove the tiles and slide the new tiles under. Is it possible? The tub is surrounded by deckmud no access to the...
  5. Jerome7

Oatey drain plug stuck

Hello all, I used an oatey drain plug to perform a water test for a new shower being constructed. At first it leaked water so I pushed it in a bit more into the drain. Now that the water test passed, I can't pull it out. Would you have some tip as how this is can be removed? Thanks jim
  6. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

Hello all I am remodeing a shower stall. After putting back the subfloor, mesh, tar paper etc and getting ready to install the kerdi shower drain, I can't get it to level. The riser coming from the ptrap is not plumb. What are my option to get it vertical enough so the drain can be level? I...
  7. Jerome7

how to sweat a threaded valve?

I have a valve w/ threads on the inlet and outlets. Is it preferable to sweat the copper pipe by inserting it inside the in/outlet or use a female adapter and sweat the pipe to it. The attached picture shows both options. I believe before sweating we need to remove the cartridge which is...
  8. Jerome7

Need advise for plumbing body spray

hello, I need to add some plumbing to support 3 body sprays. I am of course forming a balancing loop and have the 3 spray on that loop. I was wondering what is the better way to do the riser (coming out of the wall). I came up w/ the first option buy playing w/ the copper pieces I found at...
  9. Jerome7

Installing a diverter step-by-step

Hello all, My current plumbing has a supply valve and a shower head pipe (as pictured). I would like to add a diverter to the setup for a handheld shower. The diverter valve has threaded male in/outlets. The inlet is on the south side and the outlets are on the north and west side. Please...
  10. Jerome7

mixing chrome finish from different brands

Hi all, I have pfister polished chrome for shower trim and looking for adding body sprays. But I can't find sprays from pfister to my liking. I am considering getting chrome sprays from moen or delta. Anyone knows if they look close enough? Thanks
  11. Jerome7

connecting a diverter

Hi all, I currently have a shower room with just a shower head + valve. I am adding an hand shower thus adding a diverter. I bought the Pfister 015-3WDX and read the instructional manual http://www.************.com/mediabase/specifications/pfister_015_3wdx_installation_818.pdf On the...
  12. Jerome7

install schluter flange to trap

Hi all I want to install a Schulter flange for my shower and the instructions says I need to press it down on the mud bed. However my ABS drain pipe is flexible and goes down upon applying pressure. How do I ensure the flange is well connected to the pipe? Note my subfloor is still not in...
  13. Jerome7

should I change the p-trap?

I am remodeling my shower stall. I took things down to studs and plywood. Is there any need to cut out the subfloor and to put in a new p-trap? The shower is 14 years old. How likely it is partially clogged? Thanks
  14. Jerome7

depth of the rough-in valve

Hi all What is the best to calculate the depth to install the rough in valve for a shower handle? How accurate do we need to be? In my old shower, tiles was installed over a cement wall (with a lathe) which was attached to green boards. I would say both add up to about 1" of thickness...
  15. Jerome7

Uponor PEX connector?

Hi all, Could you please tell me what kind of connector is pictures? Is this PEX? Thanks
  16. Jerome7

90 degree turn for pipe?

I'd like to install a handheld shower bar (and diverter) on the wall that is adjacent to the shower head. Thus the pipes need to do a 90 degree turn. How can fit the pipe in there given the studs blocking access to the corner? On the picture, the shower valve is on the wall w/ the yellow...
  17. Jerome7

Need advice for installing three body sprays

Hello all I am remodeling my bathroom and I want to install 3 body sprays to my shower stall. I noticed my shower valve is connected to 1/2 inch hot and cold water input. I took a measurement at the shower head and got 68PSI (water is not running). Do you see any problem w/ this setup? Some...
  18. Jerome7

Need an advise on valve replacement

Hi all, I am tearing down my shower room because the tiles looks ugly. Everything still work normally so this remodel is just for cosmetic reason. I don't have any problem w/ my shower valve but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to change the valve while the walls are wide open. The...
  19. Jerome7

removing a bathtub

Hello all, I am planning to remodel my master bathroom. I have some boring looking white tiles in the shower room, on the vanity, and around the bathtub. I would like to replace them w/ some warmer looking tile. Also replacing the carpet floor w/ tiles. I have few questions for DIY gurus...
  20. Jerome7

testing plumbing during shower remodel

Hello all, I am remodeling my shower room and need few advices. We are replacing the ugly tile and while walls are down, we would like to add more fixtures (e.g. like body massage jets) if that's not to much of a project. 1) given that tiles are removed, at what stage is best to test the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks