Search results

1. Jerome7

Changing RO filters

Hi all, I have a WaterDrop G3 reverse osmosis system. The manufacturer says we need to change the filter after X months or after N gallons whichever comes first. They don't account for the quality of the incoming water which does have a big impact on the life of the filter. Is it okay to...
  2. Jerome7

Undermount sink clip recommendation

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't understand what you imply by having 2 layers of plywood. The picture shows what I have.
  3. Jerome7

Undermount sink clip recommendation

Hello all, I bought a Kohler undermount sink K2210. My vanity cabinet currently has 5/8" plywood on top. I'd like to put a granite counter top and attach the sink w/ some clips. The clips that came w/ the sink seems to be designed to be attached to the countertop and didn't account for the...
  4. Jerome7

Furnace and water heater sharing exhaust

Last week end I replaced the water tank and reconnected the hot/cold water lines and the gas line. Everything works well. But I still have to reconnect the return line. Since the return line isn't at the same place, it will require some soldering. Before I start I need some help to understand...
  5. Jerome7

Thanks a lot for the explanation all. I think I will just keep the same setup and swap my tank w/ a Whirlpool 50 gallon from Lowe's. And get a powered anode when the original one is gone.
  6. Jerome7

Thanks all. I watched some recirculation pump video on YouTube and now it makes sense to me. But I noticed 2 things 1) i saw them installing a thermal sensor on the further faucet. I looked in my kitchen and bathroom and I don't have any. Is it measured at the pump? 2) i saw many setup w/ a...
  7. Jerome7

Thanks all for your advices. That was a great write up Jim. Do you have a DIY blog? I would definitely subscribe. Ok no tankless for me. Looks like not something a DIY guy like me should undertake and quite expensive to get a pro to do the work. Home Depot tankless install starts at $4000...
  8. Jerome7

@Dana, Thanks for the awesome pictures. I have seen the drain heat exchanger in some other threads here but I unfortunately don't have access to the shower drain. @Stuff, thanks for the to do list. I was only aware of the exhaust and repiping the water lines to allow water to enter from the...
  9. Jerome7

Thanks for your replies all. The primary reason for tankless is having lots of hot water as I have jets in my shower and myself, my wife, my daughter like to use them. Also less maintenance, no flushing, no replacing anode rod (I have a water softener so this anode dies more quickly) @Stuff...
  10. Jerome7

Hello all I currently has a gas water heater and a gas furnace. They share the same exhaust leading to the roof (see picture). The water heater is getting old and shows sign of rust and little leak, thus I am looking to replace it immediately. I am thinking of switching to a tankless unit...
  11. Jerome7

lift up the bathtub

I am retiling my bathroom and a have a tub looking like this. The shower is separate. I'd like to keep the tub as it was barely used. Thus I am trying to lift it up a bit so I can remove the tiles and slide the new tiles under. Is it possible? The tub is surrounded by deckmud no access to the...
  12. Jerome7

Oatey drain plug stuck

it is possible it's jammed in place. I relaxed the wing nut but the water s escaping very slowly still. I am trying to pull it out but being concerned about using excessive force because I dont want to damage the kerdi drain.
  13. Jerome7

Oatey drain plug stuck

Hello all, I used an oatey drain plug to perform a water test for a new shower being constructed. At first it leaked water so I pushed it in a bit more into the drain. Now that the water test passed, I can't pull it out. Would you have some tip as how this is can be removed? Thanks jim
  14. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

Thanks John. It turns out to be rather easy using the no hub connector. I cut the horizontal part which is at 90 degree turn w/ the ptrap orientation. Putting the no-hub connector allowed me to tilt the ptrap as needed. I don't use any 22.5. The horizontal line was connected to 45...
  15. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

Hi John What kind of coupling can be used w/ the 22.5? If I introduce a 22.5 turn into the drain line, I would need to correct by about the same amount so it drain stays located at the same location in the floor. Would that go on the horizontal part of the drain line? Currently, the p-trap is...
  16. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

I have not glued my riser to the p-trap yet. Thus if there is a way to put the riser in a vertical position, I'd would like to try that first. The angle is dictated by the p-trap position, which is dictated by the pipe it is connect to. Seems like a domino effect. This is what I do. My p-trap...
  17. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

Hi Jim, Due to the shape of the shower, I can't use a preformed pan. I wish I could and it would have been much easier. Thus I was going to pour the deck mud but when fitting the kerdi drain, i realized I couldn't get it to level. My shower has 2 drains and I glued the first drain w/o...
  18. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

Thanks Jim. Given the heating and cooling, if you have a perfect set pipe and you don't "lock" it in a certain position, won't it move and go out of alignment? In a shower area it would be hard to go over 3 joists. They are 18" spaced.
  19. Jerome7

shower drain not plumb

I didn't pour the pre-slope yet. I was about to glue the kerdi-drain then pour the pre-slope, but ran into this problem. At this point cutting the subfloor is much easier than the ceiling. But I am hoping to avoid cutting and instead just strapping the ptrap to the framing in a way that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks