Search results

1. Rshackleford

Panasonic Inline FV30NLF1

I would like to use the FV30NLF1 to vent my master bath and bedroom. Basically the master bath and bedroom are one big room. The bath has a shower, free standing tub, and stool. The bath is 6' wide x 20' and the bedroom is 18' x 18'. They both share the same open vaulted ceiling. I am...
  2. Rshackleford

Building House--Basement Ground Work Wrong--Help!!

I am building a new house. The plumber messed up the location of the ground work in the basement. The basement bathroom is directly below the upstairs bathroom. They are both full baths. The plumbing wall for the basement is on the left hand wall and te plumbing wall for the upstairs is...
  3. Rshackleford

Nuisance electric water heater over temp trip

My hot water heater has a mind of its own. It used to only happen when we went on vacation but now it's about every three weeks. The water will get really hot and the over temp safety will trip. I will have to wait for it to cool and then reset. This will go on for five or six days and then...
  4. Rshackleford

Laing SM-303-BSW Ciruculating Pump

what kind of pump is it and what does it do? i looked up the pump on the Laing website and the links to manuals don't work. i can't tell if this has a thermostat or if it runs all the time.
  5. Rshackleford

Hot Water Heater High Limit Switch Continualy Trips

i just moved into my new house. the previous owner said he had problems with the hot water heater. he said he had to go down and push a little red button ever once in a while. it is an electric heater. i have had to push the button three times already today. i think it is the high limit...
  6. Rshackleford

Service line shut off tool

i have never been involved with a service line shut off tool. are crimp tools okay? are freezers okay? what is better? are there problems with either?
  7. Rshackleford

Cast iron in basement floor

i am having some drain problems. i have had the roto-rooter guy out a few years ago and cleaned out about 15 feet of cast iron pipe in the concrete basement floor. it worked for a while. now its plugged again how big of a deal is cast iron in the floor? does it rot away? does the concrete...
  8. Rshackleford

Plaster wall cracks? help!

i have lived in a 1925 home from seven years. the walls have always had a few lines in them, but no real cracks. my wife painted right after we moved in and it seemed to hide them all. this summer i had several layers of ceder shakes taken off and ashpalt shingles installed. at the same time i...
  9. Rshackleford

California master electrician????

i am in north Dakota--oil boom country. we are getting a lot of out of state people coming to look for work. we had a recent applicant from California who wants to work in our electrical division and claims to be a master electrician. in nd we have apprentices, journeymen, and masters. what...
  10. Rshackleford

Sewer lift station--help with design and install.

I am working on designing and installing a individual sewer lift station. this will be for residential use. it will be for a single home and placed in the basement to lift all waste into a public sewer system. what size of force main should i use? what brand and model of pumps and sumps...
  11. Rshackleford

Stuck in the mud

this was a real bummer.
  12. Rshackleford

Demo Hammer/Roto Hammer--Help me choose

I am looking for a demo hammer or roto hammer. I have time that i just need to break and chip through a wall and other times that i would like to drill a hole. I am thinking that i want to get a dedicated hammer and a dedicated drill. We have had small drills and are unhappy with them. I am...
  13. Rshackleford

HELP!! ASAP!!! Back feeding a Woodford Faucet!!

I am doing a city water main replacement project and need to setup temp water. This means that I run a hose to a house and back feed it though a faucet. However several faucets are Woodford antisiphon. Does anyone know if these can be taken apart and the check valve be removed? I am in...
  14. Rshackleford

Nova novent and sewer gas smell

I live in a small, older house. The plumbing is all new PVC, but installed before I bought the home. There is one make “stack†that the toilet, sink, and shower all drain into. This is vented well through the roof. The kitchen sink is across the house and does not have an exterior vent...
  15. Rshackleford

Pocket PC?

is any one using a pocket pc device? i am looking at getting one and would like some help. i have looked at the new smart phones from verion. anyone have any suggestions?
  16. Rshackleford

Help on unusual well scale

help on unusual well slime (scale) We pulled a pump yesterday and found some unusual scaling in the well. The scale had a jelly-like consistency and is brown to red in color. It is thick. Where the drop pipe is submerged it is half an inch thick and at places it gets up to one and a half...
  17. Rshackleford

Wireless cameras

I am looking into getting a wireless video monitoring system. Has anyone worked with any of the off the shelf type that are out there. I am looking at the ones that link up with my wireless g router. How is the video? How is the setup? Any recommendations?
  18. Rshackleford

WMF virus vulnerability

Does any one know about the WMF security fault in windows? I am told that you can get a virus just by surfing the net.
  19. Rshackleford

Stuck Pumps in 4" Wells

We have tried lots of things to get stuck pumps out of wells. Four inch wells seem to be the biggest culprit. I would be interested in knowing what some of your solutions have been.
  20. Rshackleford

Producing a well with gas

We recently drilled a well that produces a lot of gas. In fact the sub pump gas locks immediately. Has anyone had experience preceding a well with gas like this? What pump works? I was thinking about the helical Grundfos SQ Flex. Would it work to run a packer down with 1â€...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks