Search results

1. Ddagsyn

Need help hooking a Delta faucet with PEX to a brass fitted shut off valve.

hi I have a delta kitchen faucet that went bad and Delta sent me a brand new faucet. The new faucet has a built in supply tube which is PEX. Is it ok to connect a PEX fitting to a brass shut off valve? Thanks
  2. Ddagsyn

Drip during heavy rain shower

K, I know this is not the right forum but am going to ask if anyone can give me a contact to an honest handyman or company to reseal and repair my roof flashing. This is becoming an emergency. I am in Houston TX close to Spring Cypress/Tomball Thanks
  3. Ddagsyn

I found the source. It turns out to be the drain spout flashing. There are a few very small holes that would allow rain water to come in. I confirmed this by touching the insulation which was slightly damp. My handyman is going to come over to seal it. Thanks all
  4. Ddagsyn

Yeah, I suspect it is in the roof as well. The flashing for the drain spouts were checked after the hurriance last year and resealed. I am suspecting that it came from one of the air circulation vents. thanks
  5. Ddagsyn

hi I have a two storey house in houston texas. This friday we got about 3 inches of rain at around noon. I was in my master on the second floor for the good part of the rain. When i went to my first floor family room I noticed water on my couch. I looked up to see a water stain from my...
  6. Ddagsyn

AC Fan birdcage screw stripped

I removed the fan (birdcage) on top of my carrier AC to hose down the evaporator coil as i had a lot of debris due to the hurriance and noticed that two of the screws to secure the birdcage to the unit would not tighten. It seems that the hole is stripped. What can i do to fix this? Please...
  7. Ddagsyn

Lowes Dishwasher installation

Update on the installation He came back to redo the installation i.e remove the supply line and electrical from under the dishwasher. I was not home at that time. He told my wife that replacing the supply tube would be considered a new install. My wife told him that he needed to talk to me...
  8. Ddagsyn

Generator Transfer Switch

Chris75, I was on the site and if i understand the interlock technology. There is a XX amp breaker for the generator installed on the panel that feeds the other breakers in the event of a power outage, and it is designed so that it only operates if the main power source switch from the Power...
  9. Ddagsyn

Generator Transfer Switch

I live in Texas and lost power due to the hurriance. I purchased a generator and would like to know whether i need to have a permit to install a generator transfer switch. Thanks
  10. Ddagsyn

Well this guy said he taken a course in appliance installation. He did not have a plumbing or electrical license although he told me his boss had a license. Don't know how it works but maybe that qualifies him...Just guessing.
  11. Ddagsyn

Yes mine did the same he replaced the copper line with a braided steel parked below my dishwasher. Yeah and he kept the copper too. I wanted to ask him for it but let it go.
  12. Ddagsyn

No, I don't expect him to pay for anything. Infact i have already purchased a new line for him to install. Like i said earlier i think he did a sloppy job and i am not going to accept it.
  13. Ddagsyn

Yes i will probably tip him when he come back and does it right
  14. Ddagsyn

Yes that probably what he needs to do. But i am going to push him to actually replace the line. I have already purchased one from Lowe's at my expense. Will deal with them reimbursing me after he fixes the issue.
  15. Ddagsyn

The installation is free thru a rebate. Maybe i can get a 10% discount. The installer told me you can have a tractor sit on the line and it will work. As for me i don't care if a battle tank can sit on it and still work. I just want the job done right. That's the point i am trying to make to...
  16. Ddagsyn

hi I purchased a brand new dishwasher at Lowes and had them install it on last Friday. On Sunday, curious as i am decided to remove the face plate at the bottom to check for any leaks etc. No leaks but was surprised to find that the dishwasher was run on the braided stainless supply line...
  17. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher connection hose

Thanks I guess that is one of the better options which is changing the shutoff valve. What if i go with a flare to compressrion connector adapter?
  18. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher leak

hi Where would i find the solenoid valve and how would i tell it is bad. thanks for replying.
  19. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher leak

I walked into my kitchen yesterday only to find the dishwasher leaking water thru the door. It seemed to be towards the end of the cycle. I shut it off immediately and opened the dishwasher only to find water still filling up. Luckily i was able to contain it and suck up the water with a wet...
  20. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher connection hose

hi I need to have my dishwasher replaced and have started shop for one. My shutoff valve is a 3/8 " OD flare. how difficult is it to find a dishwasher stainless steel hose to fit a flare. Is it something easy to find at lowes or home depot or do i have to get it at a plumbing store. Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks