Search results

1. speeder

Toto Carlyle (original, not carlyle 2) questions about flush... also upgrade?

bought a house with original TOTO carlyle one piece skirted toilets and planning for a renovation question for those who have experience with this toilet. when flushing, you have to hold down the lever for a complete flush until it's finished flushing. if not, then you get about half a flush...
  2. speeder

Can anybody help me find the updated part number for this Grundfos pump?

I have this circulator pump on my boiler. probably 15 years old. Can't find the part number online. Does anybody know the compatible part now? Grundfos P/N 59896293 P1
  3. speeder

Help finding relay to use for DHW priority zone

Hi. I have a 12 year old boiler with 4 zones, one of which is a DHW tank. The on board controller does not have priority for DHW. There is a schematic which shows a relay that can be used to give priority to the DHW zone. I can wire things up given instructions, but not able to figure out...
  4. speeder

What would cause melted element in EHWT

I have had 3 melted electric element in a 6 year old electric hot water tank in the last 5 months. Problem started when I flushed the hot water tank 5 months ago. Problems started right away. Tripped breaker then no hot water... Element melted. Happened again 2 months later .. Then just...
  5. speeder

Radiant floor heating boiler room plumbing layout.

I am a home builder, not a plumber, but I would like to educate myself as to what is best practices for plumbing the radiant floor heating systems with standard boilers and condensing boilers (if there is any difference). I have noticed that every house that I look at, and almost every plumber...
  6. speeder

Radiant floor heat zones very puzzling...any ideas?

A friend of mine just purchased a new house in Vancouver. Heating is typical boiler fed radiant floor heat with multiple zones. There are 5 heat zones, and one that feeds an indirect hot water tank. Here is the puzzling thing. The thermostats seems to be activating the zone valves properly...
  7. speeder

Diverter leaking from inside tube. please help identify/locate part

Hi. This shower diverter is leaking from the middle of the tube when shower is activated. Been to many local plumbing stores and nobody here could tell me what brand it is, or had the parts to repair/replace it. Hopefully the experts here can help. There are more parts to it, but didn't...
  8. speeder

Cracked toilet supply tube connector

Had a cracked toilet supply tube connector. The plastic end that connects to the bottom of the toilet tank. The toilet was installed about 7 years ago with a new tube. It's caused a lot of water damage. My question is regarding replacing these with something that will not ever break. My...
  9. speeder

Is condensation on a flat roof drain enough to cause a "leak"

Is it possible for there to be enough condensation on a copper or cast iron roof drain pipe to cause enough dripping so that it looks like the roof is leaking? Drywall is stained and water is dripping, but it is sporadic. Doesn't always leak when it is raining. 1. uninsulated ceiling...
  10. speeder

programmable thermostat for weekend house - radiant in floor slab heating

I hope this is the right section to post this in. I have a house that I only spend weekends at. It has a gas fired boiler about 15 years old, with in slab radiant floor heating. It is about 2000 s.f. bungalow. What I'm wondering is if it would make any sense to have a programmable thermostat...
  11. speeder

Boiler doesn't turn on but zone valve opens

Hi. I have a radiant floor heat system with a boiler and three zone valves. There are 24V simple honeywell thermostats. The thermostats are wired into the correct pipe zone and valve. Each of the thermostats opens each corresponding valve, however only one thermostat actually turns on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks