Search results

1. idssteve

Closet bend? … what am I dealing with??

Yeah, makes you wonder who's editing their spec sheets but Oatey's been at this for a LONG time. :). I'd originally started with a 3"/4" flange but the ID of the existing fitting is about 3-3/4". The 3"/4" flange fits inside a 4"ID pipe. The other flange they had was 4"ID 4.5"OD. Obviously...
  2. idssteve

Thank you VERY much. That 43520 should do the trick. They had an Oatey catalog so all is well. :) Embarrassing thing for me is that it's simply called a 4" closet flange... ;) No clue what the flange we originally found is called but we're on the right path now. Thanks again! :)
  3. idssteve

Thanks again guys, obviously i'm needing something to slip over a standard 4" pipe. The largest ID flanges found at our local "hardware" are 4.5" OD, just like the pipe i'm trying to slip over. That fitting looks like it would fit over a 3.5" (4"od) pipe for what good that does. Everything else...
  4. idssteve

Thanks guys. Is there a name for the flange fitting i should ask for? Some over the pipe flanges ive found around here would slip over a 4"OD pipe but wont slip over the 4.5" diameter "pipe" sticking out of the slab. ??
  5. idssteve

The ABS toilet closet bend stubbed up out of the slab protrudes 1†above the floor surface. It measures 4.5†OD and 3.75â€ID. I’m no pro so these dimensions seem strange to me. This tube has been wrapped with foam and duct tape to create an opening in the slab that is about 6†diameter...
  6. idssteve

Shower basin cast into a new slab?

Hmm, well, looks like there’s a little more to it than simply putting in a “glorified floor drainâ€. ;) My concern with “typical†membrane ADA installations is that the wheelchair itself is difficult or impossible to dry and it will carry and drip significant moisture onto the floor in...
  7. idssteve

Shower basin cast into a new slab?

Shower basin cast into a new slab? We are planning to build a new home on a slab. The newly poured slab will have embedded multicolored “river gravel” into the surface and then ground flush and polished. We fell in love with examples we’ve seen. I already have the grinder/polisher. ;)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks