Search results

1. Gary23

salty water from conditioner

Dunno on the first question. You mean water level in the brine well or in the tank? Just in the AM on 2nd. The first few gallons from a tap will be salty on some mornings. I think our regen is set for every other day, so that probably lines up there.
  2. Gary23

Water pressure & flow rate seems like an important thing for this problem. My pressure tank is set to shut off at 60 PSI. I drew 2.25 gallons of water, then pump kicked on for 16 seconds. So that's a flowrate of 8.4 GPM. No other news. System still shows salt leakage into drinking water and...
  3. Gary23

Based purely on the word of the designer/installer, there's carbon in there. And oops, I looked at my notes and I was originally toldto add 1 gallon bleach per month, not week. I don't think I've exceeded that rate. If anything, I did it less than once per month. The weekly instruction came...
  4. Gary23

OK, I have 2 symptoms at the same time - salt leakage and sulfur smell. I was trying to focus on the salt one first because it seemed easier to tackle. But it that's just making it harder for you guys. So here's info on that part of the system: the filter is upstream from my softener. It's a 3...
  5. Gary23

Sorry to be so long in following up. Softened cold water measures 280 ppm total alkalinity, 0-10 ppm calcium hardness. So softener is softening. Let me know if that helps narrow down reasons for brine leaking into drinking water after regen cycles. By the way, I checked out the brine well and...
  6. Gary23

Hi all - great forum. I learned a lot in the few days since I found it. Wish I read up on this stuff years ago. Anyway, we're having salty taste in the AM. After reading this post: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?31335-Salt-Taste-in-Water-After-Regen I have some tips on possible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks