Search results

1. GregN31

Rheem Flammable Vapor Sensor repeated lockouts

Hello, I have a Rheem Powervent water heater (gas) model 42VP40F (40 gallon) manufactured 05/2007. Starting in the last year, the Flammable Vapor Sensor has started tripping intermittently. The gas valve I have is a Robert Shaw with a manual red dial. About a year ago we had one occurence and...
  2. GregN31

Frost free hose bib groans when not wide open

My frost free hose bib outside that has worked fine for a handful of years (its not that old) now groans when you turn it on. If the hose bib is running wide open, the noise does not happen. If you turn it on just a little bit, half way, you have a constant groan. It does not stop until you...
  3. GregN31

Bathtub water is damaging adjacent wall

I have what appears to be one of those 4 piece bathtubs that comes in pieces. There is a back wall, the two sides and the actual tub. I have a persistent problem where on the wall opposite the side of the tub with the shower head it keeps getting soggy. The sheetrock continues to bubble and get...
  4. GregN31

Dishwasher supply line connection/water inlet valve

My dishwasher water inlet valve appears to be failing because I have a slow drip into the tub from the left side where the hot water comes in. It happens all the time, even if the breaker for the washer is turned off. I'm just going to replace the whole water inlet valve assembly. (If there...
  5. GregN31

Kitchen faucet hot line slow after water shutoff

I have a Moen Extensa one handle faucet. The Extensa model is a pull out type faucet where you can pull out the sprayer (its an all in one deal). After the water was shut off to our house, when the water was turned back on, the hot water is now much slower than the cold and slower than it used...
  6. GregN31

Vanity sink P-Trap leak - tips please

Hello, I have what is probably a simple question for many. I've been struggling with a leak in my bathroom sink P-trap and I'm looking to just verify I'm not missing something. I installed a new sink and at the same time a new drain line. I installed everything, and I just have a leak where...
  7. GregN31

No heat/air movement anymore in one room, 'tinking' noise repeating

I have a split level home. Our furnace is in the basement. Lennox two-stage high efficiency furnace with variable speed blower. The duct work runs between floors. There is a 3 foot high or so 'void' between floors where the duct work runs. The main line (if thats what you call it) runs the...
  8. GregN31

Sump Pump disaster/failsafe solutions needed

Looking for ideas and advice: Own a split level home, sump pump and sump pit in basement utility room with 1/2 HP Simer pump. Doesn't run too often, but when we have heavy rains it can run pretty regularly for hours or even days intermittently (never non-stop). 1. Does anyone have any...
  9. GregN31

Water Heater Relief Valve firing intermittently

Hello, I recently discovered water pooling on the floor below the relief valve on the water heater. It appeared to have a slow drip at the time, so I had a plumber out who replaced the valve with a brand new one. To watch for any further problems, I put a bucket under the discharge pipe for...
  10. GregN31

Leak at tank bolts and/or spud gasket, need help!

Hello, I bought a Fluidmaster Toilet Tank Flush Valve, bolts, and gasket set because my flush valve was leaking. The stem of the overflow tube was cracked and water was leaking down the drain constantly. You could actually move the stemp back and forth it was so loose. By the way, this is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks