Search results

1. aavguy

is this plaster or asbestos on my blueboard?

cutting into closet wall which is blue board and plaster.... please tell me this thin layer of gray stuff over the blue board is plaster and not asbestos? It's less than a quarter inch thick... Typical?
  2. aavguy

Move AAV from wall to under sink?

I have an AAV in my wall. I have purchased a small vented access panel to remedy the enclosure issue. I'm wondering if it just doesn't make more sense to move the AAV to be under the bathroom sink? The unit works for both my sink and toilet. Is their a height issue? The AAV is about 4 or 5...
  3. aavguy

Anyone used FluidMaster WaxFree toilet gasket on a flang with a recessed drain pipe?

Here is my situation.. my flange sites .75 inches below my tile surface. Tried using an extended height wax ring but it seems just barely tall enough (its barely squishes at all). I thought I would trying a Fluidmaster wax free toilet gasket. Ran into problems as my 3" drain pipe doesn't sit...
  4. aavguy

Is there plumbing code for bathroom size?

Is there plumbing code that applies to the size of a bathroom? Or, is there something that says that there must be a certain number of inches in front of a toilet or vanityu?
  5. aavguy

Tile floor with particleboard subfloor and hardibacker... am I hosed?

Pulled out some old hardwood floor in a closet to convert to a bathroom. Beneath what was wood laid diagonally. Over that, I placed 3/4 particleboard.... yeah, I meant to buy plywood, but the store was out of stock and didn't realize this was a significant mistake. Over that, I screwed in 1/4...
  6. aavguy

Remedy for AAV concealed in wall?

Apparently I have an AAV in my bathroom wall that works for both my sink and toilet. It is 4 to 5 feet above the floor. I haven't had any problem with it, but am worried about it possibility of it failing and leaking sewer gas into the wall. What is the best solution for this? I was thinking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks