Search results

1. justinae

Laundry box under countertop

Hello. I've received much help on this forum and hoping to again. We are moving our laundry area and plan to have front loaders under a countertop. I'm starting fresh with the plumbing. What are my restrictions or best practices for having the drain and hookups behind the unit and under the...
  2. justinae

Install frost proof hose bib in crawl space.

I've replaced all my plumbing lines with pex and now ready to replace my hose bibs with frost proof. I have a crawl space and the current hose bibs are just sticking out the foundation stem wall rather than through the siding. The stem on my FP hose bib is 5 1/2" and my framing is 2x4 so I can't...
  3. justinae

Setting Americast tub in mortar with grid on bottom

Just got the tub and ready to set in a mortar bed. I have one question first. I plan to cover the mortar in plastic, but the bottom of the tub is a grid with cavities about 1" or so deep, lots of them. My concern is that the plastic will prevent the mortar from completely filling the cavities...
  4. justinae

Flexible ABS bath drain? WatcoFlex®

I've got a tub install that is going to make me take a pretty hefty notch out of a structural piece. I see that Watco has the flexible drain and overflow kits (http://www.wcmind.com/watco/PDFMainFrame.html), but they are in PCV only. My drains are ABS. Does anyone make an ABS version? thanks.
  5. justinae

Schematics for running new water supply lines

I have a very simple house, 1000 sq.ft. Water heater is going right behind the tub so I'm assuming that we'll not have to wait long for hot water for showers. I did some reading and spoke to a plumber friend about running new lines and came up with the attached pic. Basically just pulling all...
  6. justinae

Increase main drain line bottlnecked at 2" iron

I'm redoing all the drain lines. Very simple setup. 1 kitchen sink (2 DFU) 1 tub/shower (2 DFU) 1 lav (1 DFU) 1 CW (3 DFU) 1 DW (obviously not going directly to main) 1 toilet (but this is directly tied into the 4" stack) Currently everything is 2" iron pipe which ties into the 4"...
  7. justinae

Build external bumpout for internal tankless?

I'm relatively new to this forum and brand new to home ownership. Our new house does not have a water heater. It does have gas already. I installed a used electric 50 gallon tank for temp purposes and weighing the options of tank vs. tankless. I've read a lot about the debate on this forum...
  8. justinae

Lowboy under countertop

I've got a project converting a garage into a studio apartment. When the design was originally done we were going to use radiant heat so the architect never spec'd out a place for a hot water tank. That has now changed and we need to find a place for it. Right now the plan is to put it under the...
  9. justinae

Wingtite vs. BruCo

I am replacing a shower pan but I can't install from below because the crawl space was recently spray foamed and insulated. Does anyone have experience with either the wingtite or the BruCo? They rely on an o-ring and silicone. How long will the silicone last before it starts to break down...
  10. justinae

How much pressure is too much?

We had a 1" line installed from the steet to the house. We then installed a MANABLOC manifold and hooked up a pressure guage to test leaks. It's reading 85 psi. The good news is that it has held steady for several days. But is that too much pressure for the manifold and to feed all the lines...
  11. justinae

Toto shower valve with threaded adapter

Hi. My first post here. I'm replacing an old shower valve with a new Toto valve. It's threaded for adapters. The instructions say to use teflon to secure the adapter to the valve and solder the piping to the adapter. My question is about order of operations. Do I solder the adapter to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks