Search results

1. branjo101

Iron Filter Spews Iron after Outdoor Sprinklers are ran

Hello All, I figured I'd close the loop here with an update. It's been almost a year since I had this problem. The check valve isolating my system has worked flawlessly. I ran my outside sprinklers almost every day during the hot summer months. The inside house water was/is absolutely crystal...
  2. branjo101

Good points Gary. I wonder if how my piping coming in is a possible culprit. I thought someone in this thread said that it should be irrigation sprinklers teeing off of the main and the main inlet continues on to the house; I have the opposite. Is there some length of pipe that is needed from...
  3. branjo101

Hi Gary, Sloshing might be the wrong word to use; maybe stirring. When I was looking at the prefilter as the zones were changing, I could see iron/sediment going back and forth. If I had air coming in, wouldn't I have a leak then? Actually, I don't see that I could have air coming in if I...
  4. branjo101

Hi Terry, Thanks for your reply. I do have a backflow preventer on my irrigation system. In addition, now I have a backflow preventer/check valve right before my water conditioning system too.
  5. branjo101

Hello All, Sorry for not getting back quickly. I wanted to post so everyone could use this as a lessons learned. To recap, I was getting major amounts of iron or dirty water coming out of the house faucets/fixtures..etc after the sprinklers were ran. We're on a community well and my...
  6. branjo101

Hello All, The city came out to clear the inlet line. There wasn't much to what they did; I was expecting some type of equipment to be used in the process. They simply removed the water meter and connected a hose to the 1" inlet feed which drained into the sump pump. With the 1 inch feed...
  7. branjo101

I checked my settings and here's what I have: Step 1 - Backwash - 20 minutes Step 2 - Brine/Rinse - 1 minute Step 3 - Rapid Rinse - 15 minutes Step 4 - Brine Refill - 1 minute If I go w/ the every other day at 10 and 8, then I will be essentially be saving more water, but running...
  8. branjo101

There's 4 people in the house and water usage I would say is probably about average for a family of 4 - we have all low pressure heads on the shower, energy efficient washer....etc. We have a 10" X 56" Tank; it has 1.5 cuft of BIRM with a PROFLOSE valve on top. I'll go to a 2 day regen on the...
  9. branjo101

Gary, The city states that the water is about 18 grain hardness w/ .7-2ppm iron. I have had the water tested and it is about 20 grain w/ 2-2.5 ppm iron. Coming out of my iron filter, I get about .5 ppm iron. I have my water softner set for about 25 grain hardness. For the most part when I...
  10. branjo101

Hello All, Here's what I found out: 1. I ran the sprinklers while I was away for the day. The Iron Filter and Softner were in bypass. 2. Came home and noticed a little bit of iron in the particulate filter between the iron filter and softner. No water house water was used during...
  11. branjo101

Thanks Wally, will do when I get the valve. Another plumber from another site said that this was code now on new construction to put this in before any water conditioning system. Does that seem right?
  12. branjo101

Hi Gary, Thanks for your explanation. I think I got what you are suggesting. I will bypass BOTH the iron filter and water softner in the morning and see what I have coming through the house when I get back home. I will try the sprinklers friday or this weekend; it's raining tonight and...
  13. branjo101

The rusty water is coming out of the iron filter...out of the softner...and out of the house. If I am getting a backflow, the source may even be the water softner, because the particulate filter in the middle is clogged with iron.
  14. branjo101

Good idea...I can see where you're going, but I don't have a bladder tank. I have a big ol' hotwater tank out there though :o)
  15. branjo101

Do I need to add a holding or extention tank (to give myself a buffer) if add this to prevent the pressure valve on the water tank from popping
  16. branjo101

Hi All, Great comments everyone. Here's a little more detail. The water on the left is what is coming into the house. The water on the right is what is coming out of the iron filter. The particulate filter in the middle is also clogged with a lot of iron. The water is a city community...
  17. branjo101

Hello All, I have a recently rebedded/refurbished Birm Iron Filter which expells iron and sediment after the outdoor sprinklers are ran. We had the same problem prior to rebedding. The iron filter is NOT in-line w/ the sprinklers. I have a 50 psi community well feed to the house; the iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks