Search results

1. ENIGMA-2

Brine tank, 10 years in use ....

I finally got around to cleaning the brine tank today, it has been in continuous use for ten years. I have used Diamond Sun Gems pellets with Red Out from the beginning. I was very surprised to see very little dirt in in tank, a couple pieces of plastic salt wrapper, a piece of plastic from...
  2. ENIGMA-2

Kenmore control failure

I have a Kenmore water softener and one of the problem areas with this brand (it's made by Ecowater), is the control is prone to stop responding (due to corrosion.) This has happened to me on a prior Sears unit I owned (lasted around 20 years), where the switches stopped responding, when...
  3. ENIGMA-2

Kenmore softener rebuild

Kenmore softener, 625.388180, Ultrasoft 180. Last I checked (years ago), hardness was 15 gpg, iron 0.5 ppm. On well water. Believe Kenmore uses the Ecowater valve. I noticed that the screws and motor plate on the top of the valve were becoming very rusty and decided to clean them up a bit. I...
  4. ENIGMA-2

Use of salt with red out and cleaner

New to forum. Question I've had for awile, (years actually), concerns mixing a salt with a "red-out" additive and adding quarter maintenance using softener resin cleaner. (I use Diamond Crystal Sun Gems with red out). The cleaner is Sears brand. Is there any problems combining the two? I've not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks