Search results

1. mjdamore

Fleck 5600SXT Programming

Don't know what the E site is. Perhaps you can't name specifics on this site because it would be an endorsement.
  2. mjdamore

Sounds persuasive. I will follow your advice. I found the float assembly and it refers to it as a safety valve to prevent overflow but it also says something about a C500 air-check assembly to which it attaches. I guess I need both. Please advise and thanks for your help so far.
  3. mjdamore

Actually it would be sucking air from the brine tank into the resin tank.....does that make a difference. If I had a float valve for the brine tank that would simply be block the hose opening completely so nothing would be be sucked through, right?
  4. mjdamore

Aha! So the 60 minute brine draw cycle is about 12 minutes to suck out the brine and the rest of the time for the brine solution to react with the mineral coated resin. Until I get a valve is it OK for me to let the system suck air?
  5. mjdamore

I thought the float valve in the brine tank was supposed to stop an overflow. How would it help when the brine tank gets filled for 12 minutes but then gets emptied for 60 minutes? Sure I should have he valve.....but how does it solve the problem?
  6. mjdamore

I just bought the control unit and installed it on my existing system. The brine tank does not have a float assembly. What I guess I'll have to do is to see by trial & error how the BF & BD match up time-wise, i.e., is the amount of water put into the brine tank with BF set to 15 the same as...
  7. mjdamore

I recently installed a 5600SXT control unit (ask me how great Sharkbite stuff is!). The programming went fine except that all online recommendations for the BD (brine draw) setting said to leave at the 60 minute default. It takes about 12 minutes to suck out about 5 gal so that would leave the...
  8. mjdamore

RainSoft AQ40T o-ring replacement (to start)

Thanks a lot - this is the 1st parts diagram I've ever seen for this unit. This looks very close to what I have. If this doesn't work, then I'll replace the control unit.
  9. mjdamore

The tanks on the left are the charcoal filter tanks so they are irrelevant except I need to replace the charcoal.
  10. mjdamore

Pictures of AQ40T Rainsoft Are these pictures OK?
  11. mjdamore

Finally I MUST fix water softener. Symptoms lead to advice to replace 5 o-rings. Only have owners manual but no diagrams, etc. Where are the o-rings in such a unit? With a diagram, I know I can fix it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks