Search results

1. ktvaughan

Water hammer arrestor leak

I immobilized the air column with a 2x4 and it seems better. Maybe the air column was vibrating when the pump cycled.
  2. ktvaughan

I replaced the PVC air column but the system stills hammers when the well pump shuts off. Pressure, cycling and pump seem to be working normally. It just hammers when the pumps shuts off at the end of a pump cycle. What would this a symptom of? Maybe my air column is too tall (I added 18 inches...
  3. ktvaughan

I have a water hammer arrestor PVC column that is leaking (cracked PVC pipe). It has an elbow off the main water inlet with a nut that threads into the elbow. Can I unthread that nut and replace the column or would it all be glued together? What is the current recommendation for replacing...
  4. ktvaughan

I have a water hammer arrestor PVC column that is leaking (cracked PVC pipe). It has an elbow...

I have a water hammer arrestor PVC column that is leaking (cracked PVC pipe). It has an elbow off the main water inlet with a nut that threads into the elbow. Can I unthread that nut and replace the column or would it all be glued together? What is the current recommendation for replacing...
  5. ktvaughan

Gas versus Electric WH?

I have very hard water and see that there are "plastic" WH's with lifetime warranties. But they are electric. I have a gas heater and wonder if it's worth the switch. Thoughts? :confused:
  6. ktvaughan

Anode rod replacement on AO Smith Heater

Why would the previous owner have removed the anode rod and replaced with a cap? Is it because of odor in the water (water is softener well water). Trying to determine what the best options are for the replacement..........
  7. ktvaughan

It looks like the anode rod has been replaced by a square-head galvanized plug anyway. Are there any consequences of having no anode rod outside of the lifespan of the tank? It seems to be doing OK after ~20-23 years. Water is softened well water.
  8. ktvaughan

Point taken. Just interested in doing anything I can to keep it going. Maybe I should count my blessings and plan for failure.
  9. ktvaughan

I have a AO Smith KGA-40-916 heater that is about 20 years old. It has been reliable and I keep it flushed. We have softened well water and there is never much sediment. I have not touched the anode rod (I've lived here 13 years). The anode plug has a raised "U" on the top. Is that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks