Search results

1. jimtum

Assistance needed in residential pump choice!

Hey guys my supplier calls it a constant pressure pump and when we need pressure it does provide constant pressure and we have had no problem with them. I do agree with you that a submersible is the better way to go since they are less problematic overall
  2. jimtum

Losing Pressure with my jet pump and don't know where the heck is the well.

They don't work for me but the other guy on our team uses them just fine. The idea of a fish tape is great out of the box thinking.
  3. jimtum

confused about shocking well, or not

Ball valve is correct the store bought bleach will be fine for disinfection, it is usually 5% chlorine and you don't need much to kill bacteria. You really don't need to leave it over night, it only takes about 45 minutes of contact time to disinfect your water lines if nothing is running...
  4. jimtum

Iron problems now questions...

You may want to ask this question in the water softener forum, you might find more experience there. I have noticed this on occasion and have heard different opinions from sulphur to contaminants in the well water. Perhaps you could post on the other forum and get another answer it might be...
  5. jimtum

Low pH

Just recently I put in one cu ft of corosex in a 1.5 cu ft tank and raised the ph +2 however it made the water go from soft to about 3 gpg hard. That is one way, you could also use calcite as well or mix the two though you will want to use a backwash filter because they will harden like...
  6. jimtum

How strong are well supply line splices?

More than likely it will hold, however if it doesn't it is possible to fish it out. Perhaps if you are concerned you may want to bring it up and put a rope or small cable on it for ease of mind.
  7. jimtum

Softened water turns hard after water heater

Wally you said that special anode rods are put in place to resolve odor problems. Can you help me understand how when we remove the anode rods the odor goes away.
  8. jimtum

Assistance needed in residential pump choice!

The grundfos MQ 45 does not need a pressure tank since it is a constant pressure pump. It is also very quiet and I just put one in today, they are good, however I am with ballvalve, whenever you can use a submersible pump, use one. Less troublesome and life expectancy is longer. As well as...
  9. jimtum

Reporting GPS locations for wells?

As water well dude said in Texas all wells must be reported to TDLR as gps coordinates. They are a matter of public record if you know how to find them. I beleive they are trying to keep licensed drillers doing the right kind of drilling so as to protect the aquafers as well as knowing how...
  10. jimtum

Jet Pump and my new to me house...

The impeller of the pump may be bad, if you want to replace the pump with a submersible, my suggestion as well. Though it may cost a little more, it has been my experience that submersibles are less troublesome and far easier to troubleshoot.
  11. jimtum

lose prime on shallow well

It also sounds as if either your footvalve is not holding all the time or you may be overdrawing the well and have to add another 5 feet. Most shallow well pumps do not have a suction lift of over 25 feet.
  12. jimtum

Pressure Tank Making Noise

You may have a bad bladder tank, you can drain the tank and then shake it to see if you can hear water inside, if so then the tank is bad even if you have pressure on the valve with an empty tank because the water could be moving from the bladder to the tank side of the bladder and back again...
  13. jimtum

Losing Pressure with my jet pump and don't know where the heck is the well.

Here's a thought, take two wire coat hangers straighten them out and then at about 4 inches from the end bend them so as to have handles. Get the idea, water sticks or whatever you want to call them. Walk across your pipes that you know are there just to get the feel of it as they cross one...
  14. jimtum

accessibility to an existing well on an urban lot

There doesn't look like there would be a problem, I have a friend of mine doing the same thing and it is no problem.
  15. jimtum

Softened water turns hard after water heater

It sounds as if either Gary is right or it may be from your anode rod inside the hot water heater. I might suggest you have a plumber take it out cut it off and plug it, your problem may go away.
  16. jimtum

problem with ph neutralizer

I am usually frugal when it comes to putting on filters, do you know what it is that you are filtering, if it is sediment like sand you would want to use the one you have been using and put it in front of the calcite filter because the sediment will wear down the filter piston sooner than you...
  17. jimtum

Whole house filter recommendations for colored well water ?

Your water softener will take out the iron, and if you are sure what the manufacturer says about flow rate then you can either go with one or two, I would go two in parallel just to be sure.
  18. jimtum

how do we get air out of deep well water?

you may have a galvanized set up with a bladder tank, and that may explain the air or you may have a hole in the diaphram in the bladder tank and the air from above the bladder is coming through the bladder. You can tell if you have a hole in the tank by checking the air valve with the tank...
  19. jimtum

Slow cycling of well pump / pressure tank

If you don't see a check valve above ground then you may either have a hole in the pipe or the check valve, foot falve is not holding and as ballvalve said you will need to fix it from the bottom up
  20. jimtum

cant get enough water pressure

What kind of pump do you have? Is it a twin pipe or single pipe suction, and do you know how deep the well is? Also, you probably don't need another well. I would suggest you follow after the pump first. Answer these questions and let go from there if you don't mind.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks