Search results

1. abeljda

Sizing a pipe from pump to house 250 feet apart

Thank you very much I will look at this.
  2. abeljda

Sizing a pipe from pump to house 250 feet apart

I have an existing pump that is pulling water from a cistren and its been here for the 30 years I have been here. I put a new pump in last year, its a 30/50 shallow well, 1 1/4 in, 1 inch out and the line is 1 1/4 to the house then it reduces again back down to 1 inch and on to the fixtures...
  3. abeljda

Question on putting bleach in shallow well/systren

Apprecaite the replies here. I think initially we will try the shock treatment. going to get a sample up to the department of health and environment just for my own info. As far as lining that well Valveman, not sure how you would even go about that. It is about 8 foot across at the top, 25...
  4. abeljda

Hello, we have the uv lights changed every year and they come out and service the system 2 times a year changing filters and inspecting. The issue with the snakes really bothers me and I can't stop them from getting in there really is no way with the mice holes around the well. I do have a lid...
  5. abeljda

Thanks for the info and that link. will study it as i did not think it was as easy as dumping clorx down there like the guy who sold me the place said.....as far as keeping them out its not easy. they can climb through the rock walls in the side of the well. not sure what to do there.
  6. abeljda

Hello, we have a shallow well a hand dug systren about 25 foot deep from teh surface and about 12 to 14 feet at the bottom, it tapers up and is probably 8 feet at the top rock lined, beautiful workmanship. We use it for washing, I have a RO and uv light system with a number of different filters...
  7. abeljda

Well pump not shutting off or getting up to cut off pressure

So after much time and a "little" frustration here is what happened. I wanted to follow up in case someone runs into the same thing. The issue was that the injector had separated. it is a two piece unit see the picture below you can see the new one with both pieces and the bottom one rusted...
  8. abeljda

Removing separated injector from jacuzzi 1/2 shallow well

Hello again Don. I did that last night, squirted some CLR down there. This morning I could get it to turn a bit tapping a extractor bit in there but I never could get it out. I tried the hanger, it would bend straight, tried drilling a hole thru what plastic I could get at and putting an awl...
  9. abeljda

Removing separated injector from jacuzzi 1/2 shallow well

Greetings, so I have been able to get the injector out of my shallow well 5srp3c jacuzzi pump, I did not know it had separated (see picture below) and after breaking the plastic nut off and finally getting that out now I cant get the rest of the injector out. I have tried wires, hooks, hemostats...
  10. abeljda

Removing broken plastic injector from shallow well pump

Believe me I dont want to continue but this is a new pump really 5 years is not much on a jacuzzi. Kind of hard to find someone to work on this located where I am. Appreciate the reply and the internal pipe wrench is a good idea. I have found new venturi so I am on the mend hopefully.
  11. abeljda

Removing broken plastic injector from shallow well pump

Greetings, been working on/against a shallow well pump and managed to snap off the injector at the bolt head see the pic below. I have a bolt extractor kit but too small. was wondering if anyone out there had any magic tricks for doing something brilliant like I did here... thank you
  12. abeljda

Parts for a jacuzzi 1/2 pump model 5srp3c need venturi replacement

Thanks all. I called, they discontinued my pump 2 years after I bought it. had no info other than to call local and see if I get lucky finding the injector. it is too bad when you buy something like a name brand, they discontinue it shortly after and you have to result in buying a new pump...
  13. abeljda

Parts for a jacuzzi 1/2 pump model 5srp3c need venturi replacement

Hello I have a model 5srp3c 1/2 hp jacuzzi and I need a replacement for the venturi....today we are out of water since yesterday now. Where can I order or better call and go get in eastern kansas if possible? if not just where is a good place to start looking? Thank you
  14. abeljda

OK I did pull the venturi out I believe and it appeard ok. Still not sure if the ventrui is what I need to check, I did that and it all looked clear and I could not see anything in there I could pull out or clean. I flushed it good with water and it worked for awhile and again started acting up...
  15. abeljda

Hi Don thanks for the reply. Have lived here over 25 years and been dealing with this since we moved in. The pump seems to be able to pull/draw water fine so I think the distance is OK, the "well" is a shallow one, about 25 foot deep and yes it has plenty of water, about 5 feet from the top so...
  16. abeljda

OK that is something I can replace on a shallow well pump then I take it? is that the venturi? I took it out it looked OK.
  17. abeljda

Hello, I have a shallow well pump its a model 5srp3c 1/2 hp jacuzzi. I replaced the same model 5 years ago so its a fairly new pump. I replaced the draw line from the pump/housing to the systren/well 3 years ago as i had a cracked line. replaced the foot valve, all piping everything. has worked...
  18. abeljda

How to test used convertible shallow well Shur-Dri pump before installing?

Hi Don, turned out I did not get it primed correctly/enough. its now working. The presurre switch must be bad or the small tube off the switch plugged, because it wont stop running so I am going to take that off/apart and inspect it. Thanks for you help!
  19. abeljda

How to test used convertible shallow well Shur-Dri pump before installing?

Hello, that would mean taking the pump apart I believe? No I havent done that, so take the pump apart and try to spin the motor? Would i take the impeller housing off and try to spin it? Thanks Don.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks