Search results

1. GatorKenD

3" drain ok for bathroom addition & gas water heater question?

Hi all - I have an unfinished detached building behind my house that used to be the laundry room. It is currently where our gas hot water heater, well equip and pool equipment reside. I want to move the well and pool equipment and convert the space into heated and cooled living space (bedroom...
  2. GatorKenD

Installing shower head far from valve

Hi all - I want to install my Moen 2590 shower valve on the back wall of my shower and my shower head on the front wall of the shower (7' away). There's no tub spout; this is a shower only. I'm guessing that Moen's precise instructions regarding placement distances are related to backpressure...
  3. GatorKenD

Vanity vent question

I'm probably answering my own question, but thought I'd put this out there before making extra work for myself. Doing a bathroom remodel. All the plumbing is exposed. I have a horizontal vent branch for the vanity that is 39.5" above the floor. The old vanity was 36" high. As I understand...
  4. GatorKenD

Curbless Shower Question

Hi all - I've started a bathroom remodel. Demo is done. I've taken out a sunken jacuzzi tub and I want to replace it with a curbless shower. I'm off to a good (lucky?) start: the drain for the tub was already 2" and the recess in the poured concrete slab for the old tub was generously sized...
  5. GatorKenD

Options for installing tub/shower valves

After busting up the slab and having the tub and toilet drains reversed, I've been buying my vanity and tub fittings for this bathroom remodel. At midnight last night as I'm pulling the trigger on an order for tub/shower valves, spout, etc., I found a problem that I could kick myself for not...
  6. GatorKenD

hydraulics 101

Attached is a simplified drawing of how the water is supplied to the two ends of my house. Heavy black line is supply (PVC) from the meter. That ties into two 1/2" copper pipes (represented by the green line). One 1/2" copper supplies cold water to the east end of the house. The second 1/2"...
  7. GatorKenD

Help moving bathroom fixtures

Hey guys... I'm like a bad rash... you can't get rid of me! This is my third time through looking for help on this bathroom remodel! I'd appreciate if the moderators would not merge this with my old posts as I had so much conjecture that turned out to be wrong (here...
  8. GatorKenD

relocating toilet and shower (tub) drain

Hi all - hopefully starting a new thread is the right protocol here. Short history: I posted a question April 2013 about switching the location of a toilet and shower that are on a concrete slab (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/relocating-toilet-shower-on-concrete-slab.51279/)...
  9. GatorKenD

Failed inspection! Advice?

Hi all - I've got a addition project going on (2 BR and a laundry). The attached photo shows where the space where the laundry room will be. My general contractor and his plumbing sub-contractor thought we has a simple plumbing project on our hands: Coming out of the existing space (brick...
  10. GatorKenD

relocating toilet/shower on concrete slab

Hi - I'm at the planning stage on remodeling two back-to-back bathrooms. In the small "south" bathroom, I want to put a tub in where the toilet is currently located (marked "A") and move the toilet to where the shower currently is ("B"). Below is a closeup of the plumbing plans for this space...
  11. GatorKenD

electrical solution or an exorcism?

I don't really believe my house is possessed, but I've got an electrical problem that has me totally stumped. Been living in this 1979 house for two years. Out of the blue, at about 12:30am a couple of weeks ago, the courtyard lights go on by themselves. (It wakes me up and I'm a little...
  12. GatorKenD

advice on sealing/plugging holes in PVC pipe

This is pretty random, but I'm thinking my best advice on working with PVC pipe will be in this forum. I bought a house with flat roof that has roof drains that feed 3" PVC pipes that run down through interior walls in the house into the slab and then out into the yard. I've had a leak problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks