Search results

1. redrover

Hot water in shower not turning on, all other faucets have hot and cold water

Received the symmons cartridge in the mail yesterday, was in the process of replacing the existing one and dropped it, and presto, it unfroze. I put the <1year old spindle back in and the hot water now works!
  2. redrover

Master bath toilet splashes and bubbles when toilet in neighboring bathroom flushed!

Had a plumber fix it and he added the proper venting and the problem has been solved -- no bubbling. you can still see that the other toilet is being flushed if you look at the water, but it certainly doesn't bubble and splash. thanks again for all the input!
  3. redrover

Just an update -- called a local plumber and he said you must have a symmons which needs a new cartridge. Interestingly enough I called symmons and they knew immediately it was the cartridge but instead of sending me a new one or asking me to buy one they said I should soak it in vinegar for 1...
  4. redrover

Thanks hj -- should try to take the shower plate off? Is there a way I can reassure myself it's not a frozen pipe? Les
  5. redrover

Master bath toilet splashes and bubbles when toilet in neighboring bathroom flushed!

All, thanks again for the input. I finally had a plumber come by and showed him pictures of the wall before it was closed up and he believes it's because the toilet while it meets code, was not properly vented when it was moved and thus is having the problem. For now, we're going to live with...
  6. redrover

When I turn on our shower faucet, the water coming out isn't hot, just cold water at a flow that's not the usual flow. When I turn on the hot and cold water from any other place in the house, I get water no problem. We hadn't used this problem shower for 2 weeks before finding out the...
  7. redrover

Thanks for all the input! I do think the plumbing looks like what you said it looks like Redwood. What's our most economical option to fix this? The toilets work it's just irritating to have it splash and bubble every so often. You guys are great!
  8. redrover

Thanks Redwood and Jimbo -- guess I should call a plumber to take a look and help diagnose it or we may just live with the problem for a while longer -- if you or anyone else has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.
  9. redrover

Thanks HJ -- when I called the plumber who did it, he said it may be because of the high flow toilet which is why I was wondering if I just changed the toilet my problem may be solved... Would you call back the plumber to fix or is this a quality control issue that says I shouldn't be using...
  10. redrover

Thanks Jimbo, how much do you think it'll take to get a plumber out to fix an issue like this and how do they make the right diagnosis?
  11. redrover

Thanks Redwood -- so you don't think just changing the toilet will solve it? What's the range of cost that you think it may take to fix this? Thanks, Redrover
  12. redrover

As part of our home renovation, we moved the location of our master bath toilet and installed HET flush toilets. To move the master bath toilet the contractor/plumber changed the angle of pipe under the bathroom floor (draining the master bath toilet) from a right angle to about a 15-20 degree...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks